Fishing for PoSI Souls: Number Crunching

This appears to no longer work.

(Unsurprising really)
edited by WormApotheote on 2/25/2015

Did something change?

i’m not sure I was hoping for secondary confirmation; but I got the scraps instead of a soul back just a bit ago. So bundles of oddities may no longer return your soul.

Awww. I was hoping to get Madison’s soul back, but I hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

Yes, I just got scraps (a single scrap, in fact) instead of my soul back today. This is not a welcome development.

Ouch. I got six scraps at least.

I mean the grind was so much better than any other money making option though that it was better to buy the rats you needed to use the Rookery Password from the bazaar rather than use Unfinished Business to get them, so like, it was clearly breaking the economy and it doesn’t especially surprise me that it is no longer an option.

Yeah, I can’t be too shocked, but I hope there will still be some non-Fate way to get a soul back even if it winds up costing some considerable amount of Echoes so the value isn’t as high- I’d like it back somehow. :)

[quote=WormApotheote]I mean the grind was so much better than any other money making option though that it was better to buy the rats you needed to use the Rookery Password from the bazaar rather than use Unfinished Business to get them, so like, it was clearly breaking the economy and it doesn’t especially surprise me that it is no longer an option.[/quote][color=#C2B280]Yeah, this. Soul retrieval is meant to be chancy and difficult at best; it was problematic that serial soul-selling was both quite straightforward and an anomalously profitable grind.

It is, by the way, still possible to find one’s soul in a Bundle of Oddities.[/color]

So are we talking like, surprise packages only possible or…?

(…i assume you won’t actually answer that xD)

I’m guessing that’s the case. If anybody would like to exchange Surprise Packages with Madison Lavery I’d be more than happy to help track down which value(s) now contain one’s soul.

Gotta say, though, the idea of getting your soul back because Mr Pages gave you a present is kind of hilarious.

(But yeah, I’m not assuming the new BoO value is within the FwtFK range, though is it theoretically possible that 100 is now a luck check that sometimes gives one result and sometimes the other? That would leave it as possible from FwtFK but halve the odds, but I’m not sure it’s possible in the underlying system.)

Well Mr Pages giving you back your soul is more logical than it randomly being in someone’s purse you lifted. :P

Can start doing that once I can actually get fallen london to connect on my computer xD

Yeah, I’m having issues too. XD I’m sure it’ll get better in a little while.

Well at least its not my laptops wifi card dying (which it does appear ot be doing, although not usually this badly >< )

If you mean sending a Gift of the Unexpected, while on one hand I’m saving up for an overgoat, on the other I have spent over a week on this particular attempt to get my soul back already, so I’m definitely invested in figuring this out now. :) I’m interested in participating if someone can instruct me in finding the values of the package before it is opened.

Count me in as well. I’ve unfortunately been caught in the soulless portion of the grind. But I also don’t know how to find the value of the bundle.

When you get a Surprise Package and open it be sure to go to your profile and find the Bundle of Oddities quality in the list. Then you can visit your mantelpiece to see the precise value.

List of tested values:

I’m gonna keep all the values I get in that box up above. I’ll make a new post if I find one with a soul in it.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 2/26/2015

Got it. And coincidentally got a notability package just now, so I tested. I can confirm that 422 is not a soul. ;)

Got a notability package as well. We can cross out 143.

826: Not a soul. (Something photographic, FWIW.)

Will edit this post if I get more, unless someone wants to make a google doc or summat?