Firmament chp. 3 - Fate Reset ASAP, please

I humbly request the ability to reset and replay the latest chapter of Firmament (Zenith) be implemented as soon as possible

By which I mean a full reset for that chapter, not an expedited option of key decisions similar to the reset we have of the TLU city

There are Things that I Regret and I will give you Money to make them Go Away

Listen,

if I paid 100 fate in 2014 to get a pleasure yacht for sure without gambling, I’ma pay that again to maybe not be stuck in Colors Out Of Space Superjail forever

Thank you.

3 Likes

Good luck convincing them to add that. There are other stories I’d like to reset, but have never been given an option to do so. Even Evolution, the last major multi chapter storyline doesn’t have one.

I mean, what happened with the Immanent in your run? I tend to go with the flow with most things good or bad, and while I would have preferred to have a Shepherd / Immanent hybrid, letting the Immanent create havoc that I will need to stop is fun too. Wonder what’s going to happen since there is a pretty big divergence into three different paths at the midpoint already. No doubt it will get more complicated soon.

It didn’t matter as much with Evolution since you could just reshape (heh) the Naturalist according to your wishes at the very end, no matter what you did until that point.

1 Like

Did you go in without the fake emotions or something? I’m at that choice now and wondering what the results are, the text in bold is very ominous.

I went in almost blind (checked Wiki but most entries were empty), and in the end everything turned out fine.

The first point of decision was going inside with or without the Oil of Companionship, I did not have it and getting one requires too many actions, so I went it without it. The game cryptically warned that I might get ‘permanently changed’ this way, not sure what that meant.

Then came the decision to give your Shepherd more Revelations or more Doubts(?), I went with my instinct and gave more Revelations.

Finally it came to the removal of memories from the Immanent, he wanted two removed, you could obey him or remove only one, or three, or not remove any at all. I cautiously decided to rebel against his wish and chose to remove only one memory (I chose Star, the flavour text was good on hindsight). Then the Shepherd got possessed and the chaos of the aftermath happened.

A lil’ bit extra playtesting and proofreading would have improved the experience before release, my opinion.

1 Like

nah, the other way around. Didn’t like the implications of that ending, nor a bunch of the other choices made - and I think it’s important enough to provide an ability to reset now rather than at the end of Firmament.

1 Like

Are our decision really matter? I mean, everybody ends up with Miser, violant prison is always destroyed and available for weekly runs, companions get some qualities, but who cares.