Firmament - Chapter Three

Intricate engravings of winged creatures; dripstone flows; galleries submerged in that awful violant glow. This is the sanctum-fortress of Zenith, highest point in the vast cavern of the Neath, where the cult of the Illuminated roam.

The third chapter of Firmament has arrived! Travel across the Miser-Roads to the heights of Zenith in search of your dreams of fire. Mingle with the Illuminated. Bond with a Moon-Miser. Defy Zenith’s Keepers and breach their sanctum sanctorum, where awful secrets soak in violant light.

Firmament is Fallen London’s current major expansion, a main story arc that’s free to all players. It begins once you have progressed the Railway story arc as far as Ealing Gardens, although will require more progress in the Railway as chapters progress.

As part of this chapter, you’ll unlock permanent access to a new Roof location: the fortress of Zenith. Here, you’ll be able ascend the violant-flooded halls of the High Sancta in a repeatable new activity, as well as develop your trade network with the Midnight Moon. Finishing the chapter will also unlock a new route through the Stacks.

Continue the story of Firmament from the Midnight Moon. If you’ve not yet begun Firmament, look for an Opportunity Card in London.

7 Likes

It’s fine, guys. Everything’s fine. Extremely normal things are happening.

(I encourage you to also be aware of the Latin root, light-bearer)

6 Likes

I wonder if we’ll have new gear from this chapter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I’m spending time in the Hurlers before my TtH comes, I’ll take this opportunity to bide my time and wait for people to hand out advice about what to buy/prepare, and what to be aware of.

No gear to be had immediately, I don’t see a shop to access. Based on qualities, it’s possible there might be something from the smuggling network, after the storyline.

We are now seeing tie-ins to later Railway stations, albeit optional. Glad I happened to have Oil of Companionship in my pocket. Will need to grab a few more hillmovers though.

5 Likes

is that Aureate Logos imprisoned here? Is he the Lord for Scrive-Spinster from chapter one? Or should we expect THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN

I guess I get one chance at convincing the Shepherd and I blew it? (He’s such a wet hen.) I’m stuck on Hear the Forlorn Shepherd’s decision. He asked you to tell him what the Illuminated would not. What has he made of it all?This is final. and that sounds like I messed this up? There’s no way to Convince him otherwise, it’s greyed out.

Setting up a trading post costs 5,000 Stuivers.

2 Likes

Welp I have only barely understood what I just bore witness to, other than that “bore witness to” is probably the appropriate phrase. Probably need to read up on some Neathy cosmogeny.

But I do enjoy the symmetry of now having a weekly visit to the Zenith.

Off to the stacks, need some ratwork for smuggling. Also perhaps smuggling is how we intend to better connect the roof economy with elsewhere?

How’d you unlock the book? I’m stuck on aiding the Lost Shepherd’s questions…

1 Like

The new Route in the Stacks is unlocked all the way after everything else. Firmament 365 or so.

1 Like

Ah I see you are the forceful kind.

Deciding between Flammier and Lucifer.

The Trading Post needs some of the new book from the Stacks (8 of them, which is what you get from two trips for the book) to get to its final level.

It allows you to change 10 Relics of the Fifth City into 25 Nightsoil of the Bazaar and 6 London Street Signs

It turns 1 Memory of Moonlight into 1 Rumour of the Upper River and 1 Hillmover

You can drop an Eyeless Skull on it, but I don’t have any Eyeless Skulls.
EDIT: Lucky expedition → You get a new item called a Panoptical Skull. It’s a skull worth 3,500 that gives a point of Antiquity. Monstrous Anatomy check makes it 2 Antiquity

You can also talk about this with Old Resurrection back at the Midnight Moon, but I don’t know what that does other then push the quality along.

Er, I think I’m stuck too? I’m confused.

The shepherd has one option that requires “hopes of a shepherd 5” (I have 0, they all went away) and “revelations 2” (I have 2). I can’t play it. The only other option is to keep looking around.

I’ve got readiness of the moon-miser 7, but I can’t play the option to advanced that because it says to go talk to the shepherd.

2 Likes

For now, it seems like after this expansion of Firmament is done, you don’t get to ready another Moon-Miser. You can go through the carousel, but you can’t ask your allies to do anything, nor can you advance the Moon Miser

1 Like

But I don’t think I’m done. I haven’t unlocked the new stacks option, I’m at Firmament 265 and not 365 like someone said, people seem to be talking about some conclusion to this and I feel like I’m still stuck in the middle

[edit] Folks on Discord looked at the screenshots of all the options I have and confirmed that I managed to get into a weird stuck state mid-story. I didn’t think I was doing anything weird. I sent a support ticket.

Kind of disappointed. I was liking the update but clicking around for 20 actions in the middle and then spending a bunch of time on discord/forums/reddit trying to find what I could do next, only to get the advice that I should email support and wait for them to fix my account, isn’t very fun and kind of broke the flow.

1 Like

There’s two purple options for Firmanent, pick one of them which will give a companion.

WAIT is the prisoner Mr. Eaten???

The fact that he had wings, served a star, died and was consumed by mortals, and haunts the is-not has me drawing some parallels.

2 Likes

An intriguing possibility, especially since Mr. Eaten apparently has gold blood unlike most Curators. I don’t think so, though. Mr. Eaten wants revenge. The Immanent wants to mourn his lost prince, who I’m pretty sure is the King-Who-Speaks from Sunless Skies, brother to the former King-Who-Wars and current Halved. Furthermore the circumstances of the Immanent consumption make it seem like it was ganked shortly after arriving in the Neath, whereas for Mr. Eaten it was more of an involved process. Mr. Eaten and the being that became Salt apparently also knew each other in some professional capacity, whereas the Immanent seems to have descended alone

4 Likes

Also damn out of everything I was expecting from this chapter, a new wife wasn’t among my expectations.

Anyone got a different companion from entering without counterfeit emotions?

1 Like