Fingerking's Footsteps

Hey folks. I’m not sure if this is a bug so I’m posting here. Not to sound like I’m whining, but I seem to be unable to get the Venderblight &quotA Serpent Image&quot event again, after completing the Genial magician storyline. Does it lock after that? Previously it seemed I could play through &quotDeja Vu&quot again and again with no decrease in frequency. I ask because

[SPOILERS]
The event plays a role in the First Curator quest. Am i just being punished for my sins by the RNG?

It doesn’t lock; the RNG is just playing silly buggers with you, I’m afraid!

Alas. Its been…almost a month? Since the last update, at least. But at least I’ve been headed in the same direction to grind Zee-Stories from Lifebergs, so I guess I’ll get lucky eventually.
edited by friendshipranger on 9/9/2014

[li]the randomizer for events has been a bug issue since at least Emerald. a number of us have run games where some events almost never occur, and other games where they hit all the time.

i had one major long-term run where i got ‘stuck’ with about a full THIRD of the available storylines locked behind the Iron Randomizer. weeks of port-pounding that came to naught. put me right off of things. waiting for Steel to see what’s next.

[quote=Psst!][li]the randomizer for events has been a bug issue since at least Emerald. a number of us have run games where some events almost never occur, and other games where they hit all the time.

i had one major long-term run where i got ‘stuck’ with about a full THIRD of the available storylines locked behind the Iron Randomizer. weeks of port-pounding that came to naught. put me right off of things. waiting for Steel to see what’s next.[/quote]
[/li][li] Well, that makes me a little more confident I might have better luck with future frequency bumps. Honestly, I only care because late game you reach a similar place to FL- with the Dreadnought and several thousand echoes in the bank, it takes a serious run of bad luck to ice you, so goals are more &quotThings I really wanna do&quot than &quotIf I don’t get solvent I will die horribly&quot.
[/li]