Finding Certifiable Scraps?

Well, if this is revived anyway:

I’d like to point out that, though Guy Scrum is correct, the 10-scrap and 20-scrap options have the same difference in success gain and failure loss (+10 -8, +20 -18). This means if you want to grind scraps and trust the odds to be 50% in the long run, you should always take the 10-scrap option. The 20-scrap option just increases your risk with no long-term benefit (and the 5-scrap option is +5 -4 so it has half as much effect for the card and action).

As for Estelle Knoht’s post which I’m not going to quote since it’s right there and it’d make my post unnecessarily long:

Night-Whispers are also available from expeditions.
Like the Starstone Demark, the Reported Location (one of the top-tier) and Ivory Organza can be acquired from selling the Cave of the Nadir location, though of course you can only do that once, so you can’t get all three that way.

[quote=Estelle Knoht]The only items that must be acquired by Scraps are the all four top-tier items AND the Ivory Organza.

So if you seek to have one of each, the goal should be 13480 Scraps.[/quote]

Actually, one of the top-tier items (the Reported Location) is available elsewhere - by selling the Nadir location to the Great Game. Of course, if you do that, you can’t sell it to Hell for a scrap of Organza, but the Organza costs 680 Scrap as opposed to 3200 for the Location, so a huge net saving.

That in mind, the actual total Scrap required is 10,280

Could you, in theory, farm the RLoaO-TPoH l by acquiring it via Heart’s Desire and then paying fate to reset your ambition before completing the next step?

[li]
Yes, but it’s not necessarily a GOOD use of 50 Fate, because of the huge investments of both actions and items to reach that point in the Ambition. It costs at least 700 Echoes’ worth of items just to do Virginia’s part of the story up to the point where you can get the Location, and that’s not accounting for the actions spent creating the items you need to repeat the opera, zailing to Hunter’s Keep, getting a Key, zailing back, zailing to Polythreme, doing the carousel at least five times to progress, zailing back, doing Old Downy, and making another round trip to finish with the King.