Find Friends for sparring, dinners, chess & theft

So, a thought I had recently: What about social actions to reduce menaces? There are already a few people on here who I exchange menaces with on occasion, usually folks who’ve sent me one in the past, but I wonder if I ought to compile an actual list of folks who are willing to trade. Alternatively, we can just consider it open season with a general rule of “No more than one request to a person at a time, and take care of any they send back”, which is how I’ve been doing it so far.

I’ve not received menace reduction requests so far, it may be open to abuse as some of them are ‘trick’ requests I believe. I guess we just have to keep track of who screwed us over in the past…

I think the only one where you can actually hurt people is wounds, which is by far the easiest to remove by yourself (at least if you don’t mind dying and have a high enough watchful to beat the boatman at chess) and is also the only one where the helper has to contact the helped instead of the other way around. It also costs abominable salts, so I don’t think many people would play that prank.

I think it’s a good idea to add menace reduction here (perhaps also rename the thread?). I’d like to be added to the list, I’m almost stat-capped so I won’t be needing many second chances myself, but I’d be glad to help others out. Let’s say 2 outstanding as a limit to begin with. I’ll also gladly help reduce menaces. Nightmares are my only real problem at the moment, so if you confess your fears to me I may shoot one back at you, just help keep my own under control.

Actually, it is no longer possible to poison other players.

I can be considered available for Sparring, Dinner and theft.

But not Chess. My time in the university left me with over a hundred Sudden Insights and I’m extremely close to the cap on Watchful.

Happy to accept requests for any form of second chances or menace reductions, limit of 2 outstanding please.

Hannah McKay (@sagacioushmckay)

I’m happy to receive menace reduction requests alongside the usual dinners, chess, etc :)

Happy to help with menace reduction, as well as all other social actions. We must stand together, surely.

I’m also willing to help with menace reduction!

Ok, I’ve modified the original post to include requests for menace reductions, as well as a few rules to try and keep it fair and allow for people to request wounds reductions. There is still one way to take advantage of someone with menace reduction, by using them as a dupe to reduce scandal. For the time being, this is not allowed, but I would like to conduct some research into this. If anyone finds themselves with a high amount of scandal, feel free to send me a dupe request, so long as you take the following steps: First, before sending the request, write down your exact scandal level, including CP earned this level (Obviously your last scandal increase cannot have sent you up another level in order to do this). Also, make sure you have a method on hand to increase scandal (Outside of social actions) where you know how much scandal it will increase, highly preferable that you choose one that increases it by 1. Most standard persuasive storylets will raise scandal by 1 CP when you fail, so these should work, but double check for the action you’re using to make sure that is the case first. Once I accept to be your dupe, do the aforementioned action to raise scandal (Lowering your persuasive so a challenge is almost impossible works nicely), and record what your scandal would have been before taking that action (So, for instance, if you’re using a 1 CP action and your new level after the action is 6 Scandal and 6 CP, you’ll know before it was 6 and 5. If it’s 7 after, you’ll know it was 6 and 6 (Because it takes 7 CP to go from 6 to 7. This is only accurate when going up a level if you’re raising it by 1, keep that in mind). I will be doing the same on my end to record how much the dupe earns. If it turns out to be a fair amount (For example, if it merely doubles it for both) I may reverse my stance and recommend it (As that would be more efficient in terms of actions spent). If not, I’ll keep the current stance of only allowing it if the volunteer mentions they are fine with it.

Add me to the list please. I’m up for any second chances (4 at a time per category) and/or menace reductions (1 at a time per category).

@milenajanusc

Thank you.

I am always interested in a diverting evening of dinner or chess.

Also, if there is someone who is most persuasive or shadowy who would not mind assisting me in a search for coins from a certain City, it would be much appreciated.

(Facebook name is Sigrun Ahlquist)
edited by Elanor de Momerie on 2/29/2012

OK, it’s time to raise Dangerous and Shadowy over the limit of harmless failure, so from now on I’m going to accept all four invitations (dinner, chess, loitering and sparring), with the usual limit of 2 requests per person. I’ll accept Menace reduction too with a limit of 1 per person, with the caveat that for Wounds and Nightmares it could take me some time (if I’m at a high level in those MEnaces I’ll usually lower it a bit before answering).

Wounds do not raise your wounds when you help a fellow player: Instead, you gain points in the Magnanimous quality.

Wounds do not raise your wounds when you help a fellow player: Instead, you gain points in the Magnanimous quality.[/quote]

Oh, you’re right! Got no problem with Wounds, then ^^

Hi, I’m a new player. I’m especially looking for dinner invites, but I’m open to all. I guess I’ll go for the standard 2 requests per person at a time. Thanks!
Twitter: @melindametz
Facebook: melinda metz

I’m a new traveler to London, I would adore some new friends to do many things with. Of course I’m up for sparring my preferred choice, though anything is splendid with me.

I might request a limit of two per person. Sadly I can’t get to everyone at this low a level I seem to be at though I intend on getting higher.

You may reach me at one of two options. Though I’m officially linked from my facebook. The twitter is more of a roleplaying element.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InsaneMar

Twitter: https://twitter.com/InsaneMar

I’m up for Menace Reduction as well. I do acknowledge that depending on how treating my own menaces go, your request may have to wait a few hours whilst I deal with them.

~MF

Just noticed that you’re offering networking for Menance reduction too! I’m glad to help, although some Menances (especially Nightmares) may take me a while to respond.

I’m also available for theft!