Final Girl - OMG, I think all my cards got reset..

I got a support request for Final Girl - which has been running for a year and had over 2000 characters through it. Weird bug…

Usually restarting helps…

Not this time…I can’t play the game.

It appears all of my cards have been reset to the &quotDefault&quot setting instead of being where they are supposed to be.

I just checked my game and it seems fine - although having said that I think I’m only using my default setting.

I’ve got multiple settings and they’re fine. But it sounds like Hanon’s issue started when they restarted their game? What do you mean by restarting, Hanon?

Final Girl is replayable. It’s designed to be played multiple times. It also uses various settings to control various situations. Somehow every card is now in the default setting, so the game can’t reset everything on restart. I’m prettt sure its a FB server hiccup; I haven’t touched the cards in a year.

I pulled it down so nobody would stumble in by accident. I have no idea how long it will take to fix everything or if it’s even worth it.

[quote=Hanon Ondricek]Final Girl is replayable. It’s designed to be played multiple times. It also uses various settings to control various situations. Somehow every card is now in the default setting, so the game can’t reset everything on restart. I’m prettt sure its a FB server hiccup; I haven’t touched the cards in a year.

I pulled it down so nobody would stumble in by accident. I have no idea how long it will take to fix everything or if it’s even worth it.[/quote]

Worth dropping a support request?

Oh, there’s a card with an end_game effect that starts the game over. I’ve had one or two players somehow fall through the cracks and need to be forced that card to put things right again.

[quote=babelfishwars][quote=Hanon Ondricek]Final Girl is replayable. It’s designed to be played multiple times. It also uses various settings to control various situations. Somehow every card is now in the default setting, so the game can’t reset everything on restart. I’m prettt sure its a FB server hiccup; I haven’t touched the cards in a year.

I pulled it down so nobody would stumble in by accident. I have no idea how long it will take to fix everything or if it’s even worth it.[/quote]

Worth dropping a support request?[/quote]

I sent a support request asking if they somehow had backups. I got the standard auto reply then nothing further. I’m sure they’re all out at zee.