Fighting the Carnivorous Aurochs - is there an end

I got a Carnivorous Aurochs from a Whitsun egg and then pursued it in Parabola. My wounds rose too high so I &quotrecaptured&quot the aurochs and headed home. Now I’m back and I have ambushed the Aurochs in its lair. I am dealing blow after blow - my Monstrous Anatomy is now at the cap of 5 - and nothing new is happening. Am I supposed to recapture the Aurochs? Or will another option come up? Why am I fighting with an animal I hatched from an egg anyhow? So many questions?

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m newly back to Fallen London after a 5 year break!

The aurochs is your pet. The end of the hunt is telling him “let’s go home”.

The MA option for monster-hunters is just to make killing monsters easier, but you don’t kill this one at all. It is very confusing that the MA options are still there for pets you recapture in the end though.

Man, you have no heart! Why, g-d, why do you beat your cow…

Oh, and I missed the final question: You’re doing it to train your skills and for fun. I mean, I hunt my cat around the house all the time, and she tries to sneak up on me and ambush me. It’s a good time.

Thanks everyone, this is what I figured. Looks like I wasted a bunch of actions on this! I expected it to be the same kind of thing as the other animals I tracked in parabola. Oh well, I’ve got time. And a lot of Monstrous Anatomy…

Main use of the bull is the Memories of Discordance, and you get them by recapturing it.
MA option is confusing, because pets do not have a challenge to be recaptured. I think, someone just slapped a template and forgot to block a useless option.

[quote=Aro Saren]Main use of the bull is the Memories of Discordance, and you get them by recapturing it.
MA option is confusing, because pets do not have a challenge to be recaptured. I think, someone just slapped a template and forgot to block a useless option.[/quote]
It’s also weird that you can flee from it one step before capturing it! Pets that you just call to recapture should be set up differently from normal hunts.

From my limited tech knowledge of this - suppressing wounding option looks easy, but fleeing isn’t. At best it would be possible to stick a variable text.