Fellow Scholars to Correspond With

I would be delighted to correspond with any scholars in this manner.

I’d be pleased to receive scholarly correspondence.

I am also open to receiving scholarly correspondence.

Happy to exchange research too!

Professor Thursday, being very much enamoured of research notes, is always game.

I will be happy to receive requests to exchange research notes. I usually have a lot of research at hand. I would send my bats if I dont forget to replenish my bats before zailing. currently in polythereme and forgot to get more bats before leaving london.
I am curious if you can send the request to people out of london proper. if anyone want to test it, I am at polythreme for a few more days(RL time).

DragonRidingSorceress is always happy to correspond with fellow scholars.

Sorry, this was my reply. I didn’t realise I was logged out.

I suppose I should also put my name among those willing to engage in chiropterolocomotive academic discourse. I am in London for the Feast, but intend to go zailing again as soon as it is over. In the meantime, messenger-bats can find me at my townhouse.

I am zailing a lot lately, I will return every exchange of research myself once I set out again.

Feel free to correspond with me.
edited by Teaspoon on 3/2/2017

Hieronymus Drake is highly interested in exchanging knowledge, especially when it involves the possibility of being devoured by Zee-monsters!

I recently got back from a “everything I want to do at zee” trip. Needless to say, I am a bit sick of zailing, and only noticed when I got back that compiling notes gives unique items. I would appreciate 4 invites to correspond. Thank you.

One on the way. If I get bats back, there may be more.

Edit: Well, that was the idea, but it says you don’t have enough research.
edited by Siankan on 3/5/2017

One on the way. If I get bats back, there may be more.

Edit: Well, that was the idea, but it says you don’t have enough research.
edited by Siankan on 3/5/2017[/quote]

Oh, I thought I did. Sorry about that!

Okay, I made a quick trip out to zee to grab the 1 note I was missing :P. Now I am available.

All my bats are out, but as soon as some of them return, expect a flying message.

Confirmed. I have sent you some notes.

A Thanks to the people who sent me invites! I have enough notes now, and will be using them, so sadly I will not be available for any more corresponding.

I’m about back in port, and I think Mr. Drake steamed in just ahead of me. Did you get all the notes you needed? Or should I keep your name in mind when I make my next trip to Polythreme?

This has been a profitable Zee voyage for me in many ways. However, I have learned a lesson in bats: for a serious chiropteroepistolic academic, fifty bat is not enough.

[Note, for readers new to bat correspondence: It takes 10 bats to send out notes to a fellow scholar. Only a variable portion of bats will return to you, and those only when the person you’ve sent to accepts your offer. As a safe estimate, I would guess you send about 3 times with 20 bats. This is probably enough if you’re just making a quick trip to Bullbone Island. If you’re steaming all over the Southern Archipelago, I suggest 50. If you intend to make longer journeys, and especially if you’re bouncing from port to port like a Zee-monster infested game of pinball, I might bring along 100 (which is what I’m intending to do myself from now on.) This is, of course, assuming that you want to make the maximum number of exchanges. Dabblers can get away with 20 bats or fewer, and for those just aiming for a certain quantity of notes, calculate at 10 notes per type per exchange (or, based on my estimate above, 30 notes per type for 20 bats).]