Fellow Scholars to Correspond With

When zailing, I often come across an Opportunity Card that allows me to “Correspond with a Fellow Scholar”. This gives both the sender and recipient 10 of each type of research, and the only requirements are that the sender temporarily lose 10 Sulky Bats (a random number of which are regained when the invitation is accepted or declined) and that the recipient has 50 of each research already.[li]

So, is anyone up for regular communication between fellow researchers? Even if you don’t want to send such requests, feel free to speak up if you are open to accepting them. I personally maintain a stock of 50 Sulky Bats for just this purpose, so I would be happy to share my research with you.

I don’t have many Sulky Bats right now (I should have read this before zailing), but I’m up to correspond at the moment. I’m finally on my Journey of Scientific Discovery! Yay!
edited by Professor Strix on 5/11/2016

I may not have the research needed, but if I pop up as any option at any point, feel free to send me bats.

I’ll definitely accept any invitations you send my way if I have the necessary research on hand. I’m not at zee much these days, but next time I am I’ll keep an eye out for the card.

I’m always available to receive research notes.
edited by th8827 on 5/13/2016

I’ve both bats and research on hand - I also go out to zee on a fairly regular basis, so I’ll hopefully be able to reciprocate some time!

I just realized something interesting. Since it is no longer possible to easily grind Connected: Docks for Expedition Supplies, Prelapsarian Archaeological Notes may be one of the best sources. If we can keep up a steady stream of Notes here even for people not at zee, it would be very lucrative.

Well, it’s only 1 Supply per 10 Notes. So while it’s cheap, it’s rather action inefficient.

Well, it’s only 1 Supply per 10 Notes. So while it’s cheap, it’s rather action inefficient.[/quote]
Counting the action needed to Correspond, it gives you 0.86 Supplies per Action at 0 Echoes per Supply. None of the other options are nearly as efficient if you include the actions needed to acquire the materials.[li]

Unfortunately, that is the best we are going to get with Expeditions now. While I readily admit that the old Docks method was completely unbalanced, I wish they could make Supplies less stupidly time-consuming. I think they should do the same thing they did with item conversion: add a small and nuanced option (10 Notes for 1 Supply) and a huge and unwieldy option (50 Notes for 5 Supplies). That wouldn’t make Expeditions as easy to grind as before, but it would make them much more enjoyable.
edited by Saklad5 on 5/18/2016

I have 10 bats idling as well should anyone want to correspond with me.

I too am often at zee, and have a large colony of bats with me for this very purpose. I’ll share my research with anyone! Well, except Orthos - that bounder

Well, it’s only 1 Supply per 10 Notes. So while it’s cheap, it’s rather action inefficient.[/quote]
Counting the action needed to Correspond, it gives you 0.86 Supplies per Action at 0 Echoes per Supply. None of the other options are nearly as efficient if you include the actions needed to acquire the materials.[li]

Unfortunately, that is the best we are going to get with Expeditions now. While I readily admit that the old Docks method was completely unbalanced, I wish they could make Supplies less stupidly time-consuming. I think they should do the same thing they did with item conversion: add a small and nuanced option (10 Notes for 1 Supply) and a huge and unwieldy option (50 Notes for 5 Supplies). That wouldn’t make Expeditions as easy to grind as before, but it would make them much more enjoyable.
edited by Saklad5 on 5/18/2016[/quote]
I’ve started using a combination of Notes and Labour to get Supplies, but the fact remains that an absurd amount of actions are spent converting items rather than getting them.[/li][li]

I’m a scientifically minded gentleman, and I’ve gotten into the habit of bringing bats along for my last several zea voyages. I’m happy to compare notes with fellow scholars. Just don’t share it with those fools at Summerset until after it’s published!

Yours truly is now available to correspond and combobulate research notes with. Idle bats cost twice the mice, they say.

I’d be happy to correspond with fellow scholars.

I plan on being available for the foreseeable future and would be happy to exchange knowledge with other researchers.

I will happily send, receive, or exchange scientific research as my travels and the RNG allow.

Happy to participate.

Same here.

My main character, cathyr19355, welcomes research exchanges. Until just now she was a bit short of bats, but she has stocked up and is ready to welcome your notes!

(My alt is Seeking, and is too busy preparing to Fast and Meditate to be interested in sharing research).