Feedback Focus: New Terror Mechanics

[color=#3366ff]Sky-Captains, we need your help![/color]
[color=#3366ff]
[/color][color=#3366ff]We’ve made some really big changes to way the Terror mechanics work in this build, along with a few tweaks to Fuel, Supplies and Crew. Details can be found in the Patch Notes and we advise you read them before trying experiencing the changes in game and leaving feedback here. [/color]
[color=#3366ff]
[/color][color=#3366ff]Please be aware that our next build in November will focus holistically on Survival upgrades, so there are further tweaks to come but we’re keen to see what you think about Terror. [/color]

• [color=#3366ff]What do you think about the new Terror Events? [/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]Have you had to make any interesting choices?[/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]Does Terror feel threatening? [/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]Are you actively trying to manage your Terror now?[/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]How do the new rates of Terror gain around the High Wilderness feel? Too much? Not Enough? Just right?[/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]What about Spectacles. Are the Horrors too punishing? Are the Wonders rewarding enough?[/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]Tell us about any Terror related deaths.[/color][/li][li][color=#3366ff]Anything else you want to share with us[/color]

[color=#3366ff]Thanks in advance for your feedback. [/color]
edited by FailbetterFuzz on 10/10/2018

Terror seems a lot more threatening with the Nightmare system in place. I like the system of taking a massive Terror reduction in exchange for a Nightmare that Terror events over 50 or so give, and I have to think a lot more about my port events and about managing them in addition to the occasional -30 from New Winchester and other hub ports. I also like that the wonders are much quicker in their reduction so that I don’t have to waste Supplies to get their full benefit.

I haven’t died from Terror loss yet, but my current captain has a drinking problem and I’m nervous about where that will lead. I can see a number of quest events, mostly the Princess’s, being absolutely horrible to manage. The only problem I’ve had so far is keeping my Terror down when making trips to Hybras, but that is more a problem I have with Hybras being so isolated than anything else, and that’s for the other feedback thread. Finally, I feel like I’m not penalized anymore for fighting long battles away from ports because of the lower Terror gains and that opens up new opportunities for me to fight and earn rewards.

[color=0000FF]What do you think about the new Terror Events? [/color]
-The new Terror Events are awesome. Great improvement.

[color=0000FF]Have you had to make any interesting choices?[/color]
[color=000000]- I try to play safe so no nightmares yet, maximum terror I had was about 80. So no drastic choices yet.
[/color]
[color=0000FF]Does Terror feel threatening? [/color]
[color=000000]- Well… it could be more threatening.[/color]

[color=0000FF]Are you actively trying to manage your Terror now?[/color]
[color=000000]- Yes.[/color]

[color=0000FF]How do the new rates of Terror gain around the High Wilderness feel? Too much? Not Enough? Just right?[/color]
[color=000000]- Just right.[/color]

[color=0000FF]What about Spectacles. Are the Horrors too punishing? Are the Wonders rewarding enough?[/color]
[color=000000]- I like the change now that Wonders lower terror faster. Horrors do not feel punishing enough for me. In general I miss something else about Horrors and Wonders. Maybe some way to interact with them or something. Horrors for example, a chance of giving you something in exchange of high amount of extra terror? The main problem I see is that there are no real reasons to go through Horrors once you have already explored them. And about Wonders… well… depending of the situation if you feel you have too much terror. And even if you have to go through Horrors, the amount of terror doesn’t feel that punishing.[/color]

[color=0000FF]Tell us about any Terror related deaths.[/color]
[color=000000]- Not even once yet. I play safe and have a lot of experience with more than 200 hours in Sunless Sea and 60 in Sunless Skies. So it feels hard to me to die because of terror… I feel it is very easy to manage it.[/color]
[color=0000FF]
Anything else you want to share with us[/color]
[color=000000]- I miss some incentive to explore or visiting Horrors, like Hight risk - High reward or something that encourage taking the risk of visiting them. [/color][color=000000][color=000000]Keep this great job. You are improving the game a lot with each patch.[/color][/color]
edited by r0m41d3n on 10/29/2018

[color=rgb(51, 102, 255)]Thanks for all the replies folks. I’m going to unpin this now but everyone is more than welcome to continue to post their feedback on the new Terror mechanics here. Cheers. [/color]