Feedback Focus: Albion

[color=#6666ff]Greetings skyfarers,[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color][color=#6666ff]It’s been a while since we’ve done one of these, but then we’ve been building up to the gloriousness that is Albion. Which is what I’d like us to talk about. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color][color=#6666ff]Bearing in mind that Albion, like the rest of the game, is a work in progress (nothing is set in stone, mechanics may change, everything from scouts to enemy AI will be iterated on) what we’d like to know is what you think of Albion as a whole. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color][color=#6666ff]Here are a few pointers for discussion, but don’t feel you have to stick to just these questions. Go wild. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color][color=#6666ff]* What were your first impressions and thoughts on arriving in Albion?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* Without giving away content spoilers, where have you been? What ports have you visited? What horrors have you seen along your travels?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* Visually what do you think of the areas you’ve visited? [/color]
[color=#6666ff]* How do you think Albion compares to the Reach in terms of things to see, fight and interact with?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* Have you encountered any of the new beasties? Have they killed you yet or did you manage to wipe them out?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* Do agents feel more or less common in Albion compared to the Reach? Are there any areas in Albion where enemy numbers feel too much/too little/just right?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* Have you found any of the new spectacles?[/color]
[color=#6666ff]* There’s a bunch of new discoveries in Albion (along with existing ones from the Reach). What do you think of them and their rewards? What do you think of the rate at which you encounter them? [/color]
[color=#6666ff]* What do you think of THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN, THE SUN![/color]

[color=#6666ff]Leaving a link here to Nanako’s thread so there’s no need for copy/paste.

This focus thread is where our devs, designers, writers and artists will be looking for Albion feedback so please make sure you leave your thoughts here if you want them to be seen by the team. Cheers.[/color]

One general note, having returned to the game after an absence to try out Albion. Did the map chart used to have multiple zoom levels? Currently it seems to only have close in and zoomed out to show the spheres, I thought I remembered an intermediate setting that showed more of the current sphere. (I am playing on a laptop with a trackpad, so it’s possible that’s a mouse scrollwheel thing that I can’t access at the moment.)

I’ve been back in Sunless Skies after a bit of a hiatus, and I have to say, some of the art and interactions of Albion are amazing. So far in my explorations, a favorite is Skyhenge. And the warps in the fabric of space-time led to some interesting choices.

…Oh, and Glorious Dreadnaughts are jerks. There’s certainly an increase in the potential dangers nearer the heart of the Empire.

Love the look of the place and it definitely feels creepy and menacing in places.

It seems easier to gain terror and I haven’t found anywhere to reduce Condition in Albion.

Some places feel very crowded and difficult to navigate; even with the light I sometimes knock into something solid thinking it was at a lower level.

I managed to find and fight a curator- took some damage but now I know how it fights I might do better next time. Two of the ship types seem very easy to fight and the third just attacks as soon as it sees you.

For some reason the opportunities at the Bazaar in London haven’t renewed for 2 in-game months.