Feast of the Exceptional Rose 2014/1892

The announcement made my morning. My husband and I play our characters as somewhat entwined - following their own paths but spending lots of suppers at one another’s residences (while simultaneously seducing everything we can on the side. Shameless we are!). It wasn’t intentional but it’s sort of worked out that way. As a result i just don’t feel right having Sardonyx marrying anyone that isn’t Maltry. [li]

This is my first Feast of the Exceptional rose, so I’m quite excited about experiencing all the new (to me!) content.

Thank you thank you thank you Great Tiger Keeper (and Chris of the orange text and the rest of you who develop this lovely slice of alternative London).

Ah man. On the one hand, I’m pretty sure I have no intention of marrying anyone because it would only detract from my studies of the Correspondence! But on the other hand, I do want to at see what sort of insane experience a neathy wedding would be. [li]
edited by Mordenn on 1/28/2014

You will die a hero. I can just see it now… &quotYou may now kiss the bride!&quot falls down a well

And as for the unexpected guests, I think they’ll be random events of both good and bad nature, noteworthy people from all over the Neath coming to celebrate, from Schlomo to the Duchess. [/quote]

I can see the headlines now. OUTRAGE! PEOPLE WEDDING HAZARDOUSLY ALLURING WATER STRUCTURES!

Suppose that means it depends how high your Connected with them is then. Maybe those who have +12 Connected: Masters will have the chance of certain somepeople/things coming to theirs then? Can you imagine Mr Wines giving the toast? Mr Irons just. Being there?

Mr Stones officiating. “You. His. You. Hers. Now kiss. MINE.” And then it grabs the ring and runs away.

And maybe you’re given the option to chase after him and cause a scene/get jailed/sent to the Tomb Colonies when you bum rush him or let the ring go and stare at your significant other in silence. Or its an auto-fire because.

Tiger! Tiger! Please make this happen. I don’t care if it drains all the Connected for its worth. A good price in the name of love and affection and entertainment.

I am going to request a Clay partner once more!

Or the Once-Dashing Smuggler. siiiigh~ Imagine the opp cards we could have together…

I am both excited and trepidatious about this festival. Mostly because I always worry I might Miss Something :p Mostly looking forward to it a great deal. especially since I now have a lot more acquaintances than I did last year (when I had one friend who sort-of-sometimes-played)

Can a nice fellow inhabitant of the Neath walk me through what usually happens at the Feast?

I’ve only been playing for just a few months and last year’s Mr. Sacks Christmas event was my first event here.

The Wikia speaks about the feast’s storylets but I think it would be more vivid and exciting if an actual attendant shares their experiences instead.

[quote=MidnightVoyager]I am going to request a Clay partner once more!

Or the Once-Dashing Smuggler. siiiigh~ Imagine the opp cards we could have together…[/quote]

[li]
The Once-Dashing Smuggler is the one person Sardonyx has seduced that zie might consider forgoing marrying my husband’s character for. dreamy sigh

[quote=Pyrodinium]Can a nice fellow inhabitant of the Neath walk me through what usually happens at the Feast?

I’ve only been playing for just a few months and last year’s Mr. Sacks Christmas event was my first event here.

The Wikia speaks about the feast’s storylets but I think it would be more vivid and exciting if an actual attendant shares their experiences instead.[/quote]

It is, in my opinion, big emphasis on communicating with other players in the game during the time which is just wonderful. Sending each other presents, having meetings and having ‘meetings’ during parties and causing romance and/or scandal with each other. It is a time when people let out their passions and enjoy a time of friendly-ish excitement and courtship. Of course you can also focus on just you if you don’t want to be part of things like that too much, you can meet up with character of Fallen London and maybe get a chance to have them be your petpanion if you have high enough Masquing/Allure/What have you.

There are also certain storylets that are only available during this time of the year/the year’s Feast only! For 2012 I think it was looking for the real Exceptional Rose, I did and it was an amazing storylet the writing was just gorgeous, and for 2013 there was a storylet that had a ‘fading wash of sunlight’ I believe it was summarized as by some friends of mine that was really interesting to be part of. Maybe I’m just super fond of it because it happens to be in my birthmonth, I’m not sure, but I’m a really big fan of the festivities and definitely recommend for you to jump right in!

I would say it might be best to stock up on Carnival Tickets as a lot of the content last year used them and also have a good way to deal with scandal or you might end up spending time in the Tomb Colonies.

[quote=Mordenn]Ah man. On the one hand, I’m pretty sure I have no intention of marrying anyone because it would only detract from my studies of the Correspondence! But on the other hand, I do want to at see what sort of insane experience a neathy wedding would be. [li]
edited by Mordenn on 1/28/2014[/quote]
Ditto![/li][li]

[quote=Helen Demeter][quote=Pyrodinium]Can a nice fellow inhabitant of the Neath walk me through what usually happens at the Feast?

The Wikia speaks about the feast’s storylets but I think it would be more vivid and exciting if an actual attendant shares their experiences instead.[/quote]

It is, in my opinion, big emphasis on communicating with other players in the game during the time which is just wonderful. Sending each other presents, having meetings and having ‘meetings’ during parties and causing romance and/or scandal with each other. It is a time when people let out their passions and enjoy a time of friendly-ish excitement and courtship. Of course you can also focus on just you if you don’t want to be part of things like that too much, you can meet up with character of Fallen London and maybe get a chance to have them be your petpanion if you have high enough Masquing/Allure/What have you.

There are also certain storylets that are only available during this time of the year/the year’s Feast only! For 2012 I think it was looking for the real Exceptional Rose, I did and it was an amazing storylet the writing was just gorgeous, and for 2013 there was a storylet that had a ‘fading wash of sunlight’ I believe it was summarized as by some friends of mine that was really interesting to be part of. Maybe I’m just super fond of it because it happens to be in my birthmonth, I’m not sure, but I’m a really big fan of the festivities and definitely recommend for you to jump right in![/quote]

[li]
That sounds quite interesting indeed! Time to get some persuasive training on :) Of course bonding with my fellow Londoners would be an interesting spin on the gameplay and the storylets.

My character seems to be getting close with the Tomb Colonists (having wild rides with them lately) and, if the incendiary gossips here are true, wish to have one of the Mercies as a companion once he finally wish to become a POSI.

Hmm. The feast represents a problem to me: I still have a healthy Noman (Friendship at 95, knows at 15.2). I am dedicating my resources at the moment to keeping him well, but between grinding quirks, tears, dreams, SotC and menace reduction, I do not have any spare cycles for other content. Do I just abandon him to slush once the feast starts, passing him over for the next shiny, in the grand tradition of gamers everywhere, or do I forgo the new content in order to keep my mayfly going even though there is no reward for doing so?

Poor Mr. Slushy, abandoned by his creator because his creator wanted a mask with +2 BDR…

This makes me happy. Also, I can see I have a kindred spirit in Mr Stones.

[quote=Pyrodinium
]That sounds quite interesting indeed! Time to get some persuasive training on :) Of course bonding with my fellow Londoners would be an interesting spin on the gameplay and the storylets.

My character seems to be getting close with the Tomb Colonists (having wild rides with them lately) and, if the incendiary gossips here are true, wish to have one of the Mercies as a companion once he finally wish to become a POSI.[/quote]

I would say that your Persuasive will go up significantly at the Feast. I said earlier that I had just become POSI just before last years feast and by the end I was at the stat cap for persuasive.

Newsletter? How have I missed this for so long? Too much time at zee, perhaps. Pray tell, where do I subscribe?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady~Door

Go to Settings from the Messages tab and you should find an option to have Failbetter message you when there is an announcement. That should subscribe you to the newsletter.

Hopefully I can finish my Shadowy grind before the Feast…because I’m more inclined to get a Shadowy reputation.

Thinking about it, I’d probably want to try marrying one of the Mercies. It’s an entertaining thought, plus I have a have a thing for tomb colonists.