FBG, I beseech you...

…do not miss the opportunity to introduce a character to the game named The Short-Fingered Vulgarian.

I know this is a joke suggestion but still please don’t. ;)

While the idea is not wholly without merit, FBG’s humor tends to be on a higher level than simple buffoonery, so I’d rather not have the tone lowered to accommodate this otherwise worthy suggestion.

– Mal

As it appears this needs clarifying: my OP was not a serious request. I very much doubt FBG would be in to the idea of topical political insults of this nature. What I was getting at was the fact that &quotShort-Fingered Vulgarian&quot sounds very much like the sort of character one might encounter in Fallen London.

If venturing into this territory I’d suggest FBG might want to tackle ‘The Mayoral Buffoon’ first?

I fully support this idea.

I think I’m missing something here… :-s

Some article a few decades ago referred to Donald Trump in passing as a &quotshort-fingered vulgarian&quot and his supposed responses were rather… odd. This video by John Oliver includes a good explanation.

Some article a few decades ago referred to Donald Trump in passing as a &quotshort-fingered vulgarian&quot and his supposed responses were rather… odd. This video by John Oliver includes a good explanation.[/quote]

But will he make London great again?

He’ll build a wall so that folks from the surface can’t descend. Now I personally like the company of new neighbors, so it’s not an idea that I favor.
Edit: Seriously though, if FBG ever tried something like this Donald Trump would try to sue them. :)
edited by Psyche Labyrinth on 3/8/2016

You could always just use Thomas Carlyle!

Though the mischievous nickname is wonderfully Fallen London, Trump himself is not, so I don’t think there should be a character based on him.

Yeah, I think the Neath is far better without any mention of Donald Drumpf.

A corrupt, xenophobic, self-aggrandising businessman with a bizarre creature growing out of his head and an unhealthy fascination with his own daughter? Hell, put a moustache and a waistcoat on him and he’d fit right in.

This game has enough nightmare fuel already, don’t you think? :-p

No, you’re not. Well, nothing notable anyway.

And here I thought OP was making a joke about the potential character being one to use vulgar gestures of the middle finger.

Thinking about it, Fallen London actually has a Trumpish business leader/celebrity. It’s Miriam Plenty, the owner of such fine, upstanding, and reputable establishments as Miss Plenty’s Most Distracting Carnival and Mrs Plenty’s Shipside Provisioners. So another such figure would be completely redundant.

Having said that, the redoubtable mistress is not short-fingered, and while she has prodigious appetites, I would hardly term her vulgar…

While a dank, dark and recessed part of my soul squirms with delight at the thought of having an in-game short-fingered vulgarian, the more prudent portion sadly cautions against dipping into the foul waters of politics.

Or would, at any rate if I had a soul. Blast the devils.