Favourite pets

I’m interested to know which connected pet people have and their reasons.

I’ve now owned nearly all of them at one point or another. I had a hungover terrier for the longest time just because I was closest to the bohemians. But over time for gameplay reasons I’ve tended to go with whatever pet gives me the faction favours I need most at the moment. I have a grubby kitten right now because urchin favours are useful for storm threnodies, and certifiable scraps help get me ivory organza. But I’m not thoroughly attached, and I like how when you give up a pet the text always makes it clear they are going to a good home.

What are other people’s thoughts if you are willing to share? Is there a ‘best’ faction pet, or is it down to personal whim, partiality for the faction or something else?

1 Like

The Subtle Mole dies when you get rid of her by cruelly abusing her trust and sending her on a suicide mission. And that is one good reason to never pick her because that’s too cruel an action for me, despite everything else I may have done in the Neath.

2 Likes

The Grubby Kitten, because AWWW KITTY SHE’S SO CUTE KITTY-Ahem, because Urchin favours are very useful and she has an additional use at the Dome of Scales when cats are in control.

2 Likes

I have the hungover terrier right now, because I like bohemian favors.

And because I could use a drinking buddy.

1 Like

The bandaged Raven was my first pet and it’s the one I always go back to. I’ve always found the faction compelling and I think we’ve just stuck together (which seems appropriate for the faction).

1 Like

Oh my, this is just cruel! One thing that really puzzles me about FL, is that you seem to sometimes do awkward and unreasonable things without intending to do so. And it’s not like unintended consequences, this, for instance, is clearly a conscious decision. Maybe it’s just how the Great Game works…

I used to have the Preening Macaw for quite a long time. This was no particular decision, I’ve been just exploring the Neath at that time, and that was where the game somehow led me. I liked him, though. He, on the other hand, must have hated his feathers being plucked by random devilesses :sweat_smile: I bid farewell to him when I got Renown Hell at 50 and literally no good use for Hellish Favours. Sold him off to do some obscure job in New Newgate. I’m not sure if it’s any good for him.
Now I have Taciturn Mynah. I got her because of my Closest To. I like this bird. I was thinking about possibly getting other pets for Favours sake, but I find myself getting emotionally attached to her. I guess we’ll go on :slight_smile:

Partisan Messenger Tortoise. The only choice.

Arise, ye prisoners of starvation!
Arise, ye wretched of the earth!
For justice thunders condemnation,
A better world is in birth!
No more tradition’s chains shall bind us,
Arise ye slaves, no more in thrall!
The earth shall rise on new foundations,
We have been naught, we shall be all.

1 Like

I also have the grubby kitten, originally bc i was trying to see if i could collect all of fallen londons cats, and then later because urchin favors are relatively handy

I have the Subtle Mole…simply because I can’t bear to get rid of her :(

Did you manage to collect all the cats? And how inclusive are you with the definition of “cats”?)
As of now, I have like 16 feline companions (but hardly half of them fall into the strict definition of “a cat”), a complete feline outfit from Mr. Chimes’, plus a Starveling cat, which is not a cat but even-Hell-doesn’t-know what. I’m pretty sure my collection isn’t full.
I am also not an Honorary Cat, and this hurts.