Favorite NPC?

Fallen London has such a fantastic array of characters, and I’m curious – who are you all fondest of? I’m rather partial to the Jovial Contrarian, myself (although admittedly that’s probably because I, too, am a gleefully argumentative little b_____d). I’m curious to know who all of you like the most, and why!

In character, probably one of the Mercies. They’re a decent help in the lab and love stupidly dangerous physical activity, which is 90% of my character motivation.

IRL, probably the Bishop of Southwark. There’s just so much interesting stuff to unpack with him. He also swears a lot, which I’m ashamed to admit immediately makes me like a character.

And Jeez, The Brass Grail. All I’m saying is, if we ever have a Second War In Hell after this Parabola business I know exactly who I’m backing.

The Once-Dashing (Always-Dashing) Smuggler. The reasons are honestly more simple than they should be, haha. He’s a very minor character but he’s so charming and intriguing. I’m a sucker for love stories where it starts out as just for fun and some mutual benefit but then it turns into something more. I wish I knew more about him. He stole my main character’s (and in real life, my very gay) heart. :inlove:
edited by The Dreadful Intriguer on 3/1/2021
edited by The Dreadful Intriguer on 3/1/2021

I’m ridiculously attached to the little posse that I gathered during my ambition, because that whole business was some of the best fun I had in the game. Very hard to single one of them out, though. Hephaesta? The sisters? Dr. Vaughan? The thing that crawls around on the ceiling that some people say has my eyes…

No, it’s Poor Edward. It was always Poor Edward, horrific nightmarish monster that he is. Guess I’m just a sucker for bad boys.

I agree so far. Light Fingers is quite the adventure. For whatever reason, I rushed through the beginning, not paying attention to the story but now that I’m in the thick of it, I want to read back again. Dr. Vaughan is my favorite out of the group.

[quote=The Dreadful Intriguer]
I agree so far. Light Fingers is quite the adventure. For whatever reason, I rushed through the beginning, not paying attention to the story but now that I’m in the thick of it, I want to read back again. Dr. Vaughan is my favorite out of the group.[/quote]

exactly! I’m so sad that I rushed through now because I only really remember from the orphanage onwards (my favourite is hephystia because come on driving a spear through the parabolan sun on the back of a tiger is badass
edited by the old man on 3/1/2021
edited by the old man on 3/1/2021

Two of my favorites are also two of the oldest NPCs–the Repentant Forger and the Regretful Soldier. Both are characters who have seen and done more than is good for their sanity. Yet they remain personable, even though each of them is haunted by his past. And they are very, very good at what they do.
edited by Catherine Raymond on 3/2/2021

Furnace Ancona and the Pirate Poet! Among others. Hephaesta is definitely up there. And I do have a particular respect for the Bishop of Southwark, after playing The Brass Grail. The Duchess. Jenny. Several of the Calendar Council. And plenty more I’m forgetting.

I’ve been asked about it before, and was unable to shut up for a good while. Too much love (and too much time to kill that day).

(TLDR: the Calendar Council, the Manager, the Bishop of St Fiacre’s and some others.)

edited by JaneAnkhVeos on 3/6/2021

The Manager: I can’t help but admire someone who brings me to tears, makes me smile, unintentionally seduces me and scares me out of my wits at the same time.

The Last Constable: She’s a precious cupcake. But also a true champion of justice. But also a precious cupcake.

The noisy islanders of Grunting Fen. Wish i could build a lodging there.

[quote=JamesSilver]

The Last Constable: She’s a precious cupcake. But also a true champion of justice. But also a precious cupcake.[/quote]

I have never seen nor considered calling the last constable a precious cupcake but you are so right! I couldn’t save her

Well. My second character just met April and needless to say, with just one encounter, I have another favorite.

Captain Amelia Whitlock! I wish I could interact with her!