Favorite Hallowmas Companions?

I personally like the Skullduggerous Urchin the best, since he fits my character so well. Oh, and because he’s better than my Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit Chief I was using until now.

The Airs came good today, the Hat of Preternaturally Intent (apparently, a live falcon) was donned, and my soul was rashly sold. Whilst on a celebratory caffeine binge in the Forgotten Quarter, still with a falcon perched on my noggin, three consecutive Deep Blue Heaven expeditions gave me three consecutive Eyeless Skulls. I’m not sure what the odds are on this, but they must be slim even at a 10% Rare Success, which seems unusually high. Out of 5 such expeditions, 3 were Skulls.

I know FL seems to deliberately use the rarest spelling variant wherever possible, but even so, I choose to believe that this was not a coincidence. Another vote for the Skullduggerous Urchin.

Somehow I don’t feel bad about the fish. I figure, a bit of existential angst is good for personal development!

I love the Haunted Goldfish the most. I have two. There is something charming and adorable (albeit in a dark way) about the poor little fish that has seen things that it can’t unsee.

I like the well-scrubbed urchin the best, mostly because I always wanted an urchin, but the grubby urchin was just too… grubby… to be acceptable in my house.
This being Fallen London, though, all of them are interesting and funny.

The Rubbery Campanologist is my favourite by far, as I dearly love all things Rubbery (and the Persuasive bonus is very, very nice). But above all this, the Bellringer to Campanologist transformation is a happy one! Tingaling! Tingaling!

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Amsfield]No love for the Weeping Doll? While I admit I myself voted for the eminently regal Tigress, I enjoy the imagery of a perpetually tormented doll with an intractable fixed smile it can’t escape. The whole ‘I have no mouth and I must scream thing’.
Hadn’t thought about it like that before, and now suspect I may be an awful person.
edited by Amsfield on 11/4/2016[/quote]

Now that you bring up the Doll…
My main has a Watchful Doll, though I’m not sure why; I never liked it all that much, the spiteful jealous thing. But, as with the Goldfish, I can’t bring myself to turn it into a being that forever weeps. So I’m foregoing a Weeping Doll also.[/quote]

Yes, that transformation is too emotionally rending … I can’t bring myself to do it. Poor little doll … she’s already had such a rough life!

[li]

This is exactly why I’m glad I was able to get the Faustian Henchman. I live with the Brass Embassy, and while I’m not a spirifer myself, having a hell-themed henchman to assist me in dirty deeds is perfect. (I do wonder if Redemptions had a problem with me sending back two of their men inexplicably ravenous and slightly radioactive and then asking for a third, but their return policy was quite solid.)

Meanwhile, my alt started out the festival with the Alluring Accomplice but sold her to get two urchins and a few extra echoes, and their upgraded forms complement each other nicely. I wonder if Huffam’s going to come by and interview them both at once, catch them squabbling over their, uh, differing outlooks.

Yes, &quotMr. Bubbles&quot was a nice touch; tugs at the heartstrings, it does.

I do agree with this, despite my character’s close ties to Hell due to their knowledge, sinful comfort, and business/political skills Mr. Secrets also has strong opinions about slavery and actively opposes the soul trade. So encouraging a companion, even one that just sort of sits at home all day long because I have a Laconic Prodigy, to sell their soul felt very bad. I mean sure the name &quotFaustian&quot should have told me that it involved the character losing their soul but I didn’t quite realize the impact until it was too late. Just sort of laser-targeted the BDR companions without thinking about character.

I did gather up a Pious Henchman too on my main, so I feel like I have balanced that character’s Karma out a little bit.
edited by ShroudedInLight on 11/7/2016

This is exactly why I’m glad I was able to get the Faustian Henchman. I live with the Brass Embassy, and while I’m not a spirifer myself, having a hell-themed henchman to assist me in dirty deeds is perfect. (I do wonder if Redemptions had a problem with me sending back two of their men inexplicably ravenous and slightly radioactive and then asking for a third, but their return policy was quite solid.)

Meanwhile, my alt started out the festival with the Alluring Accomplice but sold her to get two urchins and a few extra echoes, and their upgraded forms complement each other nicely. I wonder if Huffam’s going to come by and interview them both at once, catch them squabbling over their, uh, differing outlooks.[/quote]

I went for both evolved forms of the henchman. I don’t think they’d want to interact with each other, though…

My favourites are the Tigress, the Rubbey and the Esoteric Accomplice.

Who needs companions when instead Hallowmas can bring you no candle?

Ha-aha-hahaha-nocandle!-nocandle-at-all!-hahahaaha

Rob the Embassy, tell yourself you managed to steal back his soul, giving him the perks of his bargain without the downside?

My favourite is the Esoteric Accomplice, closely followed by the Rubbery Campanologist and Extravagantly-Titled Tigress.

The fabulous accomplice felt like a natural progression to the alluring accomplice, both Urchins are fun; the henchmen worry me and the doll and goldfish were harrowing.

I love the Esoteric Accomplice! She seems to fit my character really well - she is both a reader and an author and very curious about the Neath. I am hoping that there will be special cards for the new characters. It would be fun to have her occasionally ask about something disturbing that she found or have her request some money to buy books!

Sorry to Necro an old thread, but I have a query regarding these companions (as I haven’t yet dug into this year’s Hallowmas stuff yet, and didnt play the last couple)

There are fate-locked options for acquiring &quotlast year’s upgraded companions&quot via ‘Let Slivvy Speak’, but is that just a shortcut to get them quickly or are they not at all available through regular means in 2018?

Thanks in advance. :-)
edited by Kittenpox on 10/26/2018

The companions are new every year (so far). Once the year is past, Slivvy is your only option.

No worries. Thankyou for the info! :-D

[quote=Amsfield]No love for the Weeping Doll? While I admit I myself voted for the eminently regal Tigress, I enjoy the imagery of a perpetually tormented doll with an intractable fixed smile it can’t escape. The whole ‘I have no mouth and I must scream thing’.
Hadn’t thought about it like that before, and now suspect I may be an awful person.
edited by Amsfield on 11/4/2016[/quote]

The Weeping Doll is cute, but Caroline just could not do that to Stalky Tina

The Accomplices would be my favorite, though I am terribly fond of giving Lydia some peace.