Fate locked velocipede squad content disappointing

Actually disappoint is not really the right word.

20 Fate spent and about 250 actions grind to get 60 Echos worth of items and to… have the only way of grinding high level dangerous LOCKED OUT? Did I just pay to get myself devoided from content?! There should have been at least some sort of warning this is gonna happen.

War of Assassins will grind your dangerous still, and with higher profit.

Anywho if you didn’t like the story, that’s fine (not all the fate stories are home runs after all). You still get a nice shiny velocipede that outclasses every single other transport in the game.

Well I guess you’re right, I just was really taken a back by it and I needed to vent it out.
Sure enough, the bike is really nice and really shiny, but still… London just got a bit smaller for me.

[quote=Pan Tofel]Actually disappoint is not really the right word.

20 Fate spent and about 250 actions grind to get 60 Echos worth of items and to… have the only way of grinding high level dangerous LOCKED OUT? Did I just pay to get myself devoided from content?! There should have been at least some sort of warning this is gonna happen.
[/quote]
I can understand your frustration.

But I felt that the game was very explicit in spelling out the implications of your choice.

You don’t have to lock yourself out of the content, if you’re willing to get your hands dirty as a semi-corrupt cop. Not only do you keep the velocipede squad, you also get an extra cash in option and unlock a new card. So yeah, it’s mechanically better to be corrupt than moral. Which is fine, because that’s sometimes how the world works. It’s a little sucky that you can’t pay a little fate to reset your decision though, since this is a permanent choice that maybe isn’t spelled out clearly enough. Also, while it makes sense that corruption would be more profitable, you’d think that moral paragons of virtue would unlock some content. Even something minor like a card that uses your unshakable reputation to reduce scandal, or your untroubled conscience to reduce nightmares. If you choose to be an ethical cop, it’d be nice if you could see that play out the same way you can revel in your corruption if you choose differently.

That’s not necessarily true. You can choose to try to reform the Velocipede Squad from the inside, which iirc doesn’t lock the grind and unlocks the same card as choosing to be corrupt.

I am pretty sure that’s what I chose and I have no squad to grind now.

If you choose it once, you are not locked out. But if you carry through with the reformation you get locked out.

I made the corrupt choice to be 100% certain not to lock myself out. The whole thing is pretty unclear as to the long term consequences. It probably could use an explicit warning, like those in seeking, saying exactly what each choice will do.

I got locked out too - but I couldn’t care less because I wanted the Ratwork Velocipede.

I remember being rather surprised that the vehicle is given outright after paying the Fate to unlock the story. &quotReally? Just hand out Fate and get that outright?&quot was what I thought at the time.

That said, the story-telling was a disappointment. There is nothing new to be had about the lore, other than the squad are not-so-selfless cops.
edited by Rostygold on 6/1/2017

I still haven’t chosen what to do. I wonder if I should perhaps get to that before connections might turn into Favours? I certainly wouldn’t mind being locked out though, as I only chose that story for the BDR-boost. Not a very wise choice in the end, considering how little effort I put into Notability.

EDIT: Apparently, if I had wanted to ‘reform from within’ I should definitely have done so before the conversion, because now I no longer qualify for that option. And I have no inclination to build renown with those people. May they rot in peace.

edited by Gillsing on 6/1/2017

I don’t want to lock myself out of the carousel. I don’t want to go all-in on being a vicious thug and abetting other vicious thugs. And I don’t want to keep a few useless cards in my deck.

Not sure how to go here.