Farming Fragments?

Besides exploring of course, what are the best repeatable events that give you the most fragments?

They are a surprisingly difficult resource to farm, although in small amounts they’re very common.

Ultimately, I preferred to grind money and buy secrets, making Fragments mostly unnecessary. To each their own.

Get your fear above a high minimum (70 or so?) and visit the shores of hell. You should be able to stand on the beach, with “A Story Awaits You,” and face your fears on the beach. They wont hurt you - you will receive fragments that scale with your fear. Sailing around waiting for the quality to renew, though, you’ll quickly hit 80-90 and start killing your crew. You can hold that off by stopping at a nearby harbor, but now we’re talking about a very tenuous balance of food, fuel, echoes and fear - you don’t have a long time unless you have a lot of resources. Ideally, I’d farm 1-2 secrets’ worth of fragments, tops, when London is already your next stop. Really, if you reach terror of 90 then you’ve hung around too long. On the bright side, if you have a tattoo then a particular crew member is likely to join you if you’re doing this.

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic19606-the-sober-showmans-exhibition-in-adams-way-op.aspx

So now that my captain has hit 100+ in multiple stats, making meaningful gains agains the checks that are still a challenge has become a five-figure proposition on pretty much all fronts. Since I’m currently using the fragments/Mangrove route to gain secrets, I’ve had great results farming fragments in Visage. I choose Bat, then go to the pools, then try to take money. I get kicked out and given 100 fragments, which is almost a whole secret when Pages is capped. From the start of the game, though, it’s a third of one, and enough to swap for a full secret at Mangrove if you’ve got a decent supply of Zee-stories or Memories of Distant Shores.

So now that my captain has hit 100+ in multiple stats, making meaningful gains agains the checks that are still a challenge has become a five-figure proposition on pretty much all fronts. Since I’m currently using the fragments/Mangrove route to gain secrets, I’ve had great results farming fragments in Visage. I choose Bat, then go to the pools, then try to take money. I get kicked out and given 100 fragments, which is almost a whole secret when Pages is capped. From the start of the game, though, it’s a third of one, and enough to swap for a full secret at Mangrove if you’ve got a decent supply of Zee-stories or Memories of Distant Shores.

Ive just found a way to bypass that all and farm forn-lukes and mt nomads. +3 secrets + 500g per kill - or mt nomad for 1k gold +1 iron and a searing implication