Fan game: The Midnight Menagerie

Greetings, delicious friends. For your enjoyment, I have created a Fallen London fan game in Twine: The Midnight Menagerie. Explore a secret masquerade ball during the Feast of Masks! The game includes music and art, and can be played in your browser.

MidnightMenageriePromo

As Hallowmas draws near in the year 1899.III, you’ve uncovered cryptic clues suggesting the existence of a secret masquerade somewhere in London. You’re determined to find it, but all you know is that it has something to do with the city’s cats…

Dine with tigers! Ride a gondola! Have your fortune told! Help crows settle an argument! Try some extremely strong coffee! What secrets will you discover at The Midnight Menagerie?

10 Likes

very cool idea! not sure if it’s legal. I mean, you ARE using someone else’s creative property. just to be clear, I hope failbetter doesn’t shut it down(could ALWAYS use more FL in my life)and I would be glad to hear they’re actually okay with fan-games(it’s always cool when a company is like that), but I would be careful.

2 Likes

Nah, transformative works are legal as long as they don’t make money. That’s how stuff like fanfiction and fanart stay up.

Excited to play this soon!!

3 Likes

excellent! and i, too, am excited for this, tho i might not play it soon-lots of stuff to do.

2 Likes

Fan project guidelines: https://www.failbettergames.com/fan-project-guidelines/

4 Likes

WIDE TIGER LESSS GO

3 Likes