Fallen London Song - Revel of the Masters

I know this is a few years old, but we have a lot of newcomers in London since then, and I thought it would be good to share this wonderful music with my fellow Londoners. It fits the mood very well, and being at the Sackmas time of year, I thought some of you all would like to dust off your gramophones and have a listen. If anyone has the lyrics for this, that would be awesome as well. :)

Enjoy!

[quote=Riftare]I know this is a few years old, but we have a lot of newcomers in London since then, and I thought it would be good to share this wonderful music with my fellow Londoners. It fits the mood very well, and being at the Sackmas time of year, I thought some of you all would like to dust off your gramophones and have a listen. If anyone has the lyrics for this, that would be awesome as well. :)

Enjoy!

https://www.mixcloud.com/CommodoreCreazil/a-revel-of-the-masters/[/quote]

That was a very nice find, thank you!

Just the right music to get in the mood ~~

Merry Sackmas!

This site is a bit better, as it allows rewinding. The first didn’t (at least in the US) because of some copyright issue I guess. Anyway, I’ve made out some of the lyrics myself, but there are a few I can’t understand. I’d like to see a true set of lyrics, if such a thing exists. Enjoy all, and merry Sackmas!

[The actual lyrics are now available thanks to OScarletO below so my guesswork is no longer needed]
edited by Travers on 12/7/2015

We need a megathread for Neathy songs, if there isn’t one already…

Thanks Travers!

I think what you have as “but the sorrow waits” is actually “the Bazaar awaits”, and the [] is, I think, “the” as in “Here, beneath the Fallen London forget the world above” (maybe it’s about the lorn flukes beneath London?).

Thank you, genesis! I updated my version of the lyrics a bit.
It’s odd how, once you know the right lyric, it’s hard to understand how you could have misheard it so badly.
edited by Travers on 12/4/2015

Hi! I wrote these lyrics and sang the song, and my band, The Dark Clan, made the music. You can download it here: Fallen London (New London Gets Newer mix) | The Dark Clan

The lyrics are:
False stars above us
Liars in the dark
Dull glare of gaslight
Foxfire in midnight
Nightmares haunt hungry minds
Echoes of fate
Gather up your secrets
The Bazaar awaits

Guests at the Revel
Hollow with sin
Selling off their souls
To the devils in this hole
Mirrors reflect the sun
Melancholy mirth
The city breathes on
Black heartbeat of the Earth

How did you fall
to London
Underneath it all…

Who will you be there?
Do you trust the Masters
Do you think they ever cared?

CHORUS:

Welcome to Fallen London
I tip my hat and turn away
Back to the labyrinth
Forsaken by the light.
We are the lost ones,
Mushroom wine and honey dreams
can’t save us from our own ambition
Delicious night!

Sigils and madness
Burning in your brain
Answers out of reach
But still you ever seek
Dance away the darkness
by silent symphony
or race across the rooftops
from a fate you cannot flee

Hear the Neath dove…
Fallen London
Forget the world above.

When they call you forth
Never say you’re seeking
The nightmare ship that’s heading North

CHORUS:

Welcome to Fallen London
Back to the labyrinth
Forsaken by the light.
We are the lost ones,
Shan’t save us, Oh Fifth City
Delicious night!

Welcome to Fallen London
Back to the labyrinth
Forsaken by the light.
We are the lost ones,
can’t save us from our own ambition
Delicious night!

Overlay on last Chorus:

I still remember
I will always remember the light
But I still hunger
I’ll find the Name…
I’ll seek forever…

(as a note, “Neath Dove” is referencing the white ravens.)

Wow, thanks Scarlet! I looked all over online and couldn’t find the lyrics. Great job with the song! I really enjoyed it. :)

[color=#0066ff]Wow, say we, to this thread.[/color]

I’m glad you enjoyed! It was a gift to Fallen London during the 2011 Feast of the Exceptional Rose and really fun to make. Funny how so many of the lyrics have taken on additional symbolic meaning given what we know now compared to then.

Your voice and those lyrics. Sound amazing. Would you like a Starveling Cat as thanks.

…that is the most concerning show of thanks I’ve ever received. ;) Thank you for the compliment, most heartily.
edited by OScarletO on 12/7/2015

Good stuff. There are so many talented people here, it leaves me in awe.

– Mal

Oh my god, this is amazing! Scarlet, you might want to record some of these, in the spirit of the season: http://community.failbettergames.com/messages.aspx?TopicID=21166&Page=1&MessageID=120666#post120666

Ha! Well, I probably could sing them if desired, but I don’t know that the band would have the time for professional recording.

Exactly - you could sing with a karaoke track?

Thank you so much, Scarlet! You’re extremely talented and generous.

Really, you all are very kind. It was super fun to do, and I’m just so pleased that someone somewhere listens to it.