Fallen London professions... in real life

An idle question.

So my real life profession is one that crops up very regularly in Fallen London… albeit with somewhat less murder. I enjoy this very much, especially as I have a somewhat unusual job (if you can call it a job…) Has anyone else spotted their real life profession? And how do you feel about how well it is written?

The archaeology profession is a fairly decent representation of that work at the turn of the century.

4 Likes

Hey, Jean, what is your job… are you a zailor, what is it. I’m scared…

Good goodness, I am rather concerned as to your line of work! And I must say that my occupation is not exactly rare, but as a somewhat author I do quite enjoy the Author – Correspondent fields. Tis quite well done with the amount of effort and grief which must go into the creation of literary works, as well as the somewhat tragic expense vs profit of creating short stories, but it lacks the element of luck and desperation which marks this profession here on the surface. Overall, though, tis quite entertaining.

I’d forgotten about this post!

Well, I suppose no-one is very likely to believe me, but I’m a nun.

10 Likes

Are you a Nun of the Above?

I would hope most Fallen London professions involve significantly less murder in real life, but yes especially being a nun!

4 Likes