Fallen London: Android updates

[color=#46f2ca]Hello all! I don’t entirely trust Google Play to tell testers when they have an update, so I’m going to post new updates here with notes on any changes in the build and things we’d particularly appreciate feedback on. [/color]
[color=#46f2ca]
[/color]
[color=#46f2ca]Today (Tuesday 19th July 2016) we released version 0.1.1.254, which contains the following:[/color]
[color=#46f2ca]
[/color]

[ul][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Fate purchases now available! Please note that you will not be charged for any IAP you purchase in beta (it won’t appear on your live character on the web, either). Exceptional Friendship subscription is not currently available will be added in a later update.[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]News banners revamped for slicker, more pertinent news banners appearing in-game[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Crash on audio asset loading fixed[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Crash on mobilesupport@failbettergames.com link fixed[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Visible JavaScript in storylets removed[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Text tweaked when removing storylets from Plans[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Username/character name discrepancy resolved[/color][/li][li][color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]You can no longer access the Bazaar whilst in the Iron Republic[/color][/li]
[/ul]
[color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Beloved Henry also did a set of work on load-up times and fixing some errors users were encountering with an infinite load-up screen. We’ll be coming back to that in the next few weeks, but I’d particularly like to know if you’re still getting stuck at load-up or see any noticeable improvements. [/color]
[color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(70, 242, 202)]Feel free to leave a comment here/ask questions, but don’t let this thread replace your bug reports to testing@failbettergames.com. Thanks! :)[/color]
edited by Lottie Bevan on 7/19/2016

Thanks for the update!

I did not get any notification (yet) from Google Play, despite the lovely heads-up email I did receive from you last week about the upcoming Android Beta version…

Should I just wait for an email with instructions on how to get the app?

[color=#46f2ca]Sounds like your email just hasn’t been included in an active batch of testers yet. We’re planning on adding new testers in over the next few weeks, so you shouldn’t have long to wait. If you haven’t heard anything a week or so into August, send us a support ticket and we’ll get you set up.[/color]

[color=#46f2ca]Another important thing to note: there are problems with In-App Purchases (IAPs) in the latest build. Players are being charged for them when they shouldn’t be. We’ll refund any accidentally-purchased IAPs if you send us a ticket to testing@failbettergames.com and have disabled them in-game for now.

All active testers should have received an email already about the issue, but let me know if you have any questions here too.[/color]

[color=#46f2ca]We’ve just released version 0.1.1275. In this, we’ve added in another ~1k testers to the beta and lowered the minimum OS required to Android 4.0, meaning we now support 11,324 devices.

Additional updates include:

• loading percentages on initial downloads (audio and images) and image updates, so you’re better informed about what’s going on behind the scenes
  • Facebook login crash fixed
  • naming pets crash fixed
  • toggling error messages crash fixed
  • app now called ‘Fallen London’ on devices

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts![/color]

I think I’m missing something super obvious. How does one move about Fallen London in the app?

There should be a compass in the top right.

Question! Since the last update, my version has been running suuuuuuuuuuuuupppppper sllllloooooooooooooow. Like >5 minutes of waiting time per load (including after signing in). It seems to be on both of my phones. Is this happening to anyone else? I’ve tried uninstall/reinstall, clear cache, data, etc. Ideas?

[color=#cc0099]Hello all! We’ll be putting a new Android build live today in our beta. It will include the following fixes:
[/color][ul][li][color=#cc0099]Cameo screen supporting swipes[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Google Facebook authorisation doesn’t break when pressing back[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Fate branches don’t break when player has insufficient Fate [/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Android back functionality[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Audio player bugs resolved[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Better error messages[/color][/li][li][color=#cc0099]Missing Destiny reinstated [/color][/li][/ul]
[color=#cc0099]And as always, if you find anything in your testing, please send it to testing@failbettergames.com. Thanks![/color]

Very happy to recognize something I reported in that list.

Beta is looking quite solid already. I wonder if the alter ego of my character will succeed at peeking at Seeking before it switches over to live characters.
edited by Alistair Cray on 8/22/2016

[color=#cc0099]Our Android version has officially launched today on the Google Play store! Thank you to all those who helped us discover and destroy any lurking bugs in the beta![/color]

The app looks nice! If this isn’t the wrong place to make an observation, loading newly flipped cards at the bottom of the list results in a lot of scrolling up-and-down to clear the deck. Perhaps following the newest-card-first order of the website would be better? But that’s all I have for now, thanks for the work on this!

Whoa, the app has really improved. One question: I made a tester account called Creusa to use on the beta, and now it’s gone. I knew that I used to be able to access it through fallenlondon-staging.storynexus, but that’s down too. Is it just gone forever? I got a fair bit through it.

[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends, along with some important changes to in-app purchases, our new build out today features:
[/color][color=rgb(204, 0, 153)]

• Opportunity Deck actions bug fixed[/li][li]null ref bugs causing the ‘grey/black screen bug’ now fixed[/li][li]streamlined syncing process