Eyeless Skulls

O… Okay! I recently completed an Expedition to the Temple of Uttermost Wind, (just because I could, mind you) and my reward was 2 Eyeless Skulls. Now, I recall that these things can do nasty things to your stats???

Now, I have not yet done the Cave of Nadir Expedition. This is a good time to start grinding for it, I think; just, what’s the best way to get supplies (And of course, the other 3 damn skulls)? This is the first time I’ve gotten the skulls, so I’m nervous. These nasty cards pop up in the opportunity deck, yes?

Spoiler tags for everything because, well, spoilers:

Short version: More Eyeless Skulls are &quotmost easily&quot gained through some of the options (depending on your Airs quality) in the Seeking Curios… option in the Forgotten Quarter. They’re a rare success for one or two of the possible choices you can pick; the wiki is the best place to see specifically which ones. (I’d link but I’m mostly asleep, sorry.)

As far as the cards, yes, they’re nasty and they come up through the opportunity deck. They can’t be discarded, either, but they do disappear if/when you get rid of your skulls. They sell decently through the option of clicking on the skull (the Bazaar gives you less). If you get the 5 skulls ahead of time, you can get the item you need for the Cave of the Nadir before ever getting there, which saves you some time. The only problem is you technically need 6 skulls, because it’s 1 to open something, and then 5 for something else. But, upshot is, you can always just be either filthy rich (having lots of Echoes) or sufficiently rich (having real money to spend on Fate) to deal with the 5 skull problem.

Okay, that… actually turned into the long version, too, I guess. Regardless, I recommend checking the wiki, just look for &quotCave of the Nadir (guide)&quot for all things Nadir related.

Edit: For supplies, I recommend the pewter tankard/Docks faction method. It felt fastest, least impactful, and less soul-skeweringly pricey to me.
edited by Saevitia on 12/8/2015

Yes. So long as you do not activate them, however, they cannot harm you. They’ll sit uselessly in your opportunity deck until you’ve rid yourself of those accursed skulls. Said cards have an infrequent rate, and I’ve gone over a week without ever getting one. Although I believe this was just sheer luck on my part.

If you’re not interested in utilizing any opportunity cards in the immediate future, there is no cause for alarm if you’re unfortunate enough to draw them. It should not be an issue if you intend to go for Cave expedition immediately. Unless you’re behind on Missionary / Firebrand intimacy and other opportunity prerequisites.

[spoiler][quote=Saevitia]Spoiler tags for everything because, well, spoilers:

Short version: More Eyeless Skulls are &quotmost easily&quot gained through some of the options (depending on your Airs quality) in the Seeking Curios… option in the Forgotten Quarter. They’re a rare success for one or two of the possible choices you can pick; the wiki is the best place to see specifically which ones. (I’d link but I’m mostly asleep, sorry.)

As far as the cards, yes, they’re nasty and they come up through the opportunity deck. They can’t be discarded, either, but they do disappear if/when you get rid of your skulls. They sell decently through the option of clicking on the skull (the Bazaar gives you less). If you get the 5 skulls ahead of time, you can get the item you need for the Cave of the Nadir before ever getting there, which saves you some time. The only problem is you technically need 6 skulls, because it’s 1 to open something, and then 5 for something else. But, upshot is, you can always just be either filthy rich (having lots of Echoes) or sufficiently rich (having real money to spend on Fate) to deal with the 5 skull problem.

Okay, that… actually turned into the long version, too, I guess. Regardless, I recommend checking the wiki, just look for &quotCave of the Nadir (guide)&quot for all things Nadir related.

Edit: For supplies, I recommend the pewter tankard/Docks faction method. It felt fastest, least impactful, and less soul-skeweringly pricey to me.
edited by Saevitia on 12/8/2015[/quote][/spoiler]Thank you for your notes. I’ll remember that. I’m going to give myself until Mr. Sacks comes around before I start the expedition or simply sell the two infernal things.

Yes. So long as you do not activate them, however, they cannot harm you. They’ll sit uselessly in your opportunity deck until you’ve rid yourself of those accursed skulls. Said cards have an infrequent rate, and I’ve gone over a week without ever getting one. Although I believe this was just sheer luck on my part.

If you’re not interested in utilizing any opportunity cards in the immediate future, there is no cause for alarm if you’re unfortunate enough to draw them. It should not be an issue if you intend to go for Cave expedition immediately. Unless you’re behind on Missionary / Firebrand intimacy and other opportunity prerequisites.[/quote] I think you were lucky. I have two of them already in my hand. Haven’t clicked them though.

I want the opportunity deck because I recently got a Corresponding Ocelot.

[quote=Rae Ameras]I think you were lucky. I have two of them already in my hand. Haven’t clicked them though.

I want the opportunity deck because I recently got a Corresponding Ocelot.[/quote]

Better to just sell them off to the Revolutionaries, then.

Unless you find the Liberation of Night to be an undesirable prospect and have no desire to see it come to fruition. Or if you just want to see all those Revolutionaries burn in a fire. Much like my good self!

Unless the Random Number God has a particular loathing for you, they are not terribly difficult to acquire again from seeing the sights or wandering the Quarter.
edited by Red Herring on 12/8/2015

[quote=Red Herring][quote=Rae Ameras]I think you were lucky. I have two of them already in my hand. Haven’t clicked them though.

I want the opportunity deck because I recently got a Corresponding Ocelot.[/quote]

Better to just sell them off to the Revolutionaries, then.

Unless you find the Liberation of Night to be an undesirable prospect and have no desire to see it come to fruition. Or if you just want to see all those Revolutionaries burn in a fire. Much like my good self!

Unless the Random Number God has a particular loathing for you, they are not terribly difficult to acquire again from seeing the sights or wandering the Quarter[/quote]If I may ask, noble sir; what is the Liberation of Night? The Revolutionaries all seem to me to be an uptight bunch, but I have seen so far only snippets hinting at the Liberation’s goals.

I do find raising my Scholar of the Correspondence a more interesting method of spending my time… especially with Sackmas coming up, and using a Monocle on a pail of Lacre.

An end to order as we know it. [click]

An end to order as we know it.[click]
edited by Red Herring on 12/8/2015[/quote]… ~jaw drop~

Oh… Oh my. I can’t get behind that.