Eyeless Skull

Taking to type out my frustrations;
I had a couple of Eyeless skulls from my multiple expeditions. I knew I needed one for the early part of Cave of Nadir storyline yet for some reason that step of the story consumed both the skulls I had instead of just the one ‘required’.
I reached the cave only to find I need more skulls, and since then my luck in finding them (if luck is the word for such a thing…) has been atrocious! Probably approaching 20 expeditions and countless excursions ‘Seeking Curios and Secrets in the Forgotten Quarter’ and yet not a single skull has come my way!
I wish to to pursue the mysteries of the Cave yet at this point my options seem to be only to spend a large amount of Fate/Nex or a rather ridiculous sum of pennies (a sum that’d consume a high percentage of my current wealth).

Is there any easier way to find an Eyeless skull that I am missing? Or could somebody perhaps enlighten me as to a good way to easily make pennies so I might afford the latter option there?
Any advice is welcome!
Miss Loveshanks

The 400 echo option is a lot easier to get than 5 Eyeless Skulls, so you’ll definitely want to do that instead. I’d suggest ways to efficiently accumulate echoes, but I’m not sure what your stats are like. If your Shadowy is high the Affair of the Box is great.

[quote=Loveshanks]Taking to type out my frustrations;
I had a couple of Eyeless skulls from my multiple expeditions. I knew I needed one for the early part of Cave of Nadir storyline yet for some reason that step of the story consumed both the skulls I had instead of just the one ‘required’.
I reached the cave only to find I need more skulls, and since then my luck in finding them (if luck is the word for such a thing…) has been atrocious! Probably approaching 20 expeditions and countless excursions ‘Seeking Curios and Secrets in the Forgotten Quarter’ and yet not a single skull has come my way!
I wish to to pursue the mysteries of the Cave yet at this point my options seem to be only to spend a large amount of Fate/Nex or a rather ridiculous sum of pennies (a sum that’d consume a high percentage of my current wealth).

Is there any easier way to find an Eyeless skull that I am missing? Or could somebody perhaps enlighten me as to a good way to easily make pennies so I might afford the latter option there?
Any advice is welcome!
Miss Loveshanks[/quote]

Don’t know if it’s much use, but I spent a few weeks grinding in the forbidden quarter just to get stuff to sell for pennies (till I switched to other grinding areas). Might be dull, but has dual benefit that it creates stuff and sometimes skulls too. Think in a lucky two week period I got 5 skulls. This area: Seeking Curios and Secrets in the Forgotten Quarter

It may be a really bad suggestion - I never optimise anything. :-S

For reference my stats:

WATCHFUL 144 +2
WATCHFUL 144 +20
SHADOWY 111 +2
DANGEROUS 114 +5
PERSUASIVE 136 +14

I’ve been doing this for the past few days already; I can’t say I’ve looked to much at selling what I have accumulated. I’m rather wary of selling such things in case the next story requires them! Frankly I’m rather wary of selling anything because of this!

For reference my stats:

WATCHFUL 144 +2
WATCHFUL 144 +20
SHADOWY 111 +2
DANGEROUS 114 +5
PERSUASIVE 136 +14

I’ve been doing this for the past few days already; I can’t say I’ve looked to much at selling what I have accumulated. I’m rather wary of selling such things in case the next story requires them! Frankly I’m rather wary of selling anything because of this![/quote]

Know the feeling. I have MUCH regret over my tears of the bazaar, never to be seen again. I think I’ll never be able to get a goat just because I can’t part with anything.

To quote myself regarding selling things…

Everything else will be fairly easy to get when and if you need it, especially if you use a wiki to find a good source. Specific things you’re safe to sell? Surface Currency, Glim, Rostygold, Moon pearls, and Nevercold Brass Slivers are all good for this purpose. I don’t recall ever needing Relics of the 4th City either, at least not in large quantities.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 4/20/2014

[quote=babelfishwars]

Don’t know if it’s much use, but I spent a few weeks grinding in the forbidden quarter just to get stuff to sell for pennies (till I switched to other grinding areas). Might be dull, but has dual benefit that it creates stuff and sometimes skulls too. Think in a lucky two week period I got 5 skulls. This area: Seeking Curios and Secrets in the Forgotten Quarter

It may be a really bad suggestion - I never optimise anything. :-S[/quote]

If you’re going for Skulls, ‘Seeking Curios’ is probably the best option. Expeditions just take too long. If you don’t get any for a while, don’t despair. They only drop from ‘Wnader the Quarter’ and ‘See the sights’, so you need to be lucky twice. First getting the correct branches and then the rare success. It might take a while, but eventually they’ll turn up.
Buuut buying the cinder with money is totaly faster. Affair of the Box and Velocipede Squad may not be the best options considering your stats. The Foreign Office is an option if you have access to it. Also if you haven’t finished the University storyline yet, you can build up Investingating there and spend it in the Flit for a lot of Secrets.

I have finished the University but I suspect I somehow did it Wrong.
I think I got disgraced before my time!