Exquisite Toys?

I got these from a Playing With Broken Toys, and they don’t seem to do anything. There’s nothing on either wiki as well, so does anyone know what in the world these are?

I’m sure they’ll find a use in future Playing With Broken Toys content, but for now they are just mantelpiece decorations.

How long as the Playing With Broken Toy’s content been in the game? So far It has been one of my favorite story-lines but I have not heard a peep about its continuation since I joined.

I’m not sure! It’s been stalled at that point since before I joined the game.

If my memory does not fault me, I think it’s been stuck on that boundary before even Person of Some Importance is available.

Which makes it even more jarring with the 905238350 cards and storylet spread across London pushing you to start the story.

And that it keeps cropping up, even though there’s absolutely nothing more for me to do with it. The ‘Devices and desires’ card being fairly frequent in its appearance rate - it gets tiresome not being able to rid myself of the thing, especially when it has nothing more to offer. :-/

I would really like to see this particular story-line continued sooner than later. I wonder if Failbetter has any plans for it in the near future?

And that it keeps cropping up, even though there’s absolutely nothing more for me to do with it. The ‘Devices and desires’ card being fairly frequent in its appearance rate - it gets tiresome not being able to rid myself of the thing, especially when it has nothing more to offer. :-/[/quote]
If one is at 9 instead of 10 of this storyette, you can get 5 Intriguing snippets or 2 inklings of Identity (if not done yet with the Plaster Face) per draw. [/quote]
Alas, even if I wasn’t at the content barrier for this story then I’ve already done the Plaster Face (and have the Albino Rat card cluttering my deck too - but haven’t yet looked for ways to be rid of her as I don’t know if I’ll be able to reobtain her; in case she becomes useful later on…)

Agreed. Even if it was 1.3E rather than 1.5 Echoes, at least it wouldn’t feel like I’ve got quite so many dead cards in my deck - as they’d remain close to being on par with the other cards I should be drawing at my current progress within Fallen London, rather than auto-discard.

shrugs I’ve written about this stuff in other threads, so I’ll not continue my whinging here. :-p