expeditions

how do i get an expedition started-i had the 1000 echos but lost them somehow, now going round in circles and need to get supplies!Au secours!

You need enough Expedtion Supplies to start an expedition. In the Forgotten Quarter, there is an option where you can trade in various items for supplies, or begin your Expedition.

It is generally a good idea to have a minimum of 10 more supplies than you need before leaving on the expedition.

How did you get, then lose that many Echos? I would kill for even half that much.

Best way to obtain supples, by the way, is to buy them with Whispered Hints: you’ll obtain 2 supplies, or 1 supply and some map scraps.
You can barter with the Tiger Keeper for Whispered Hints, if you have access to the labirinth. For low-level chatacters, I think actions at the Topsy King’s court are the best way to grind hints.

[quote=Zeroebbasta]Best way to obtain supples, by the way, is to buy them with Whispered Hints: you’ll obtain 2 supplies, or 1 supply and some map scraps.
You can barter with the Tiger Keeper for Whispered Hints, if you have access to the labirinth. For low-level chatacters, I think actions at the Topsy King’s court are the best way to grind hints.[/quote]
&quotbest way&quot is subjective.

If you already have the Whispered Secrets anyway, then indeed this is probably best.

However, if you take into account the need to get the materials, then &quotbest&quot (meaning in this case most cost effective) is to use connections to the Docks - it gives 3 x supplies (use the Tankard to raise Docks connection if it falls below 20).

Since the Docks change over happened this past week, you can now use 1 Favours of Docks to gain 4 Supplies, if you have Renown 5 (you can gain that by going to the Carnival Sideshows). Favours are rather rare though, as a warning.
edited by Parelle on 3/14/2016

Have you tested it recently? it used to be 4 supplies per favor, but that may have changed since i did it two days ago.

[quote=Grenem]
Have you tested it recently? it used to be 4 supplies per favor, but that may have changed since i did it two days ago.[/quote]

You’re right, it’s 4 supplies. I’ll edit accordingly.

[quote=Parelle]Since the Docks change over happened this past week, you can now use 1 Favours of Docks to gain 4 Supplies, if you have Renown 5 (you can gain that by going to the Carnival Sideshows). Favours are rather rare though, as a warning.
edited by Parelle on 3/14/2016[/quote]
To add to this, if you’re looking for expedition supplies- the optimal way to use your favors is to hold them at 3-4, with connected urchins 10+. Every time you side with the dockworkers over the urchins, you get 3 favors. This is amazingly lucrative for now, to the point where buying a rookery password or otherwise increasing urchins is well worth doing- though there are cheaper ways than burning through supplies to gain CP urchins.

However, this card will not appear if you have more than four docks favors, or less than three. as such, spend them manually to remain within that range.