EXCLUSIVE Scrip-making Method?

Because I supported the Tentacled Boi for Election, I have this option: https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Inspire_her_to_sculpt_a_Saint_of_Axile

Instead of paying an entire skeleton, I can instead pay 100 Warm Amber to get 1 Verse of the Counter-Creed.

Keep in mind if you use a skeleton, you get 2 Verses no matter the value of the skeleton. In addition, you gotta go BACK to the Bone Market FROM the Viric Jungle every single time to get another skeleton. And then do the trip back. Not only is that a whole lotta actions, but it’s 100 Prisoner Honey too to get into Parabola.

Needless to say, The Warm Amber method seems infinitely better. Unfortunately, this is pretty useless if the Verses themselves have no use.

Enter… the Jericho Locks library. When you upgrade it to level 2, you can give 1 Verse for 30 Hinterland Scrips. This means you can convert Warm Amber into Hinterland scrips en mass. If one has access to Fluke Street, Warm Amber becomes even easier to come by.

My question is as follows: Is this worthwhile (if Fluke Street access is considered)? What’s the estimated Scrips per Action?

So you are paying 2 actions and 10e of resources for 15e reward. ~2.5 EpA scrips grind, nothing special.

If you really need scrip - buy infernal rifles and sell them at souvenir shop at Jericho. Preferrable with maximum train luxuries, though difference is 12 scrip total.
Rifles are bought for echoes, and there is a number of easy money grinds.

[quote=Aro Saren]If you really need scrip - buy infernal rifles and sell them at souvenir shop at Jericho. Preferrable with maximum train luxuries, though difference is 12 scrip total.
Rifles are bought for echoes, and there is a number of easy money grinds.[/quote]

That is a good, quick last-resort option if you need a lot of Scrip on short notice AND have a lot of disposable income. However, it’s rather inefficient as a long-term grind, since you buy Scrip for Echoes at an exchange rate of almost 1:1.

One of the best money grinds is actually skeleton building at the Bone Market (if you can both access and tolerate it), and this also allows selling directly for scrip, so you obviate the unfavourable Echo-Scrip exchange.

I’ve described the grinding carousel in detail here: https://community.failbettergames.com/topic28007-psa-skeletons-not-needed-for-new-content.aspx?Page=1#post252073

You can manufacture rifles in your Lab. If you have an Ambition lab assistant who likes weapons, this is actually a pretty good source of Scrip.

Agreed that buying at the Bazaar is unfavorable. Generally scrip is worth about 50 pence each, so buying for 1 echo is over-paying. You can get a much better rate buying Brass Skulls, sticking them on whatever bones you have lying around, and selling to Mrs Plenty or the Gothic Author.

Since my Evenlode is already completely funded, other stations are completely built, and all interesting items are bought or created, I can kick back for a while and not think about grinds and carousels.

That sounds great. I hope I get there one day… I left this game when the Tiger Court opened for business so I have a ton of grinding to do -_-

edited by Owen Wulf on 8/25/2020

Enjoy the ride and take your time!