EXCEPTIONAL STORY JUNE 2015: The Court of Cats

[color=#0066ff]Delicious friends! Our second Exceptional Story is now live![/color]

[color=#0066ff]A new arrival to Fallen London brings with him a pungent cargo - and an opportunity. Seize it, and assist the Duchess in arbitrating the secret Court of Cats! Interrogate witnesses. Travel to the Misermere. Pass judgement.

All players can encounter a certain Liverpudlian visitor on a new storylet, available throughout London. Exceptional Friends can then pursue the story at the House of Chimes.

Please remember to be liberal with your use of spoiler tags when discussing this story. :)

In addition to a new, substantial, stand-alone story every month, Exceptional Friends enjoy:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Access to the House of Chimes: an exclusive private member’s club on the Stolen River, packed with content![/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]An expanded opportunity deck: of ten cards instead of six![/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]A second candle: Twice the actions! 40 at once![/color][/li][/ul]

It seems the “Exceptional Story” quality is still titled for last month, just fyi - "Visit the House of Chimes to unlock an exclusive story for Exceptional Friends: the Haunting at the Marsh-House "

This looks like a great story, I’m looking forward to diving right in!

Well, I liked this one better than the first, but not as much the end choice. My character felt obligated not to screw over one of the parties involved at the marsh-house, but would have been absolutely fine doing so in this case, but was not given the option.

PS. If anyone would like to know the reward of having them stay together PM me. I’d love to know the rewards of the other two when someone chooses them.

Ah, I see the issue with the PMs. Fortunately i did exactly what genesis suggested for my own benefit, so feel free to just look at my journal as well.
edited by Teleri13 on 6/1/2015

Excellent! Look forward to munching on this story, though possibly not for a couple of days as have some deadlines :(

Just as a reminder of some discussions that happened regarding the last exceptional story:

1. It’s ok to echo different choices in your journal
  2. It’s ok to edit the title of the journal entry to add a summary of the material rewards associated with that storylet
  3. It’s ok to link to your journal posts
  4. The number of PM requests last time was deemed to be somewhat on the excessive side.

So if people could be so kind as to note the various material rewards of the different paths in the titles of their journal entries then we should be able to have a decent crowdsourced summary in little time without breaching FB Fate discussion rules and swarming the thread with PM requests.

Interestingly, this story already seems to have different rewards rights from the very first storylet.

It appears that the storylet whose icon is the Cryptic Clue has a tooltip that’s been duplicated from the storylet above (couldn’t work out tags on this forum, hope that isn’t too spoilery).

This looks like it’ll be fun (once my actions refresh).

Very much enjoyed this ^^.
Echoed in my profile for the sequence of the Duchess through to the Viscountess. Ending left me a little ??? which was something I quite liked, as my decisions in last months’ felt quite concluded. This time, just all the more curious about the Court of Cats et al.

I also echoed the result of siding with the Viscountess, along with a couple of…fascinating dreams I saw through the mirrors in Parabola.

I’m not sure what to make of the one, but unless I’ve missed my guess, the other implies that someone in the government is toying with the notion of attacking the Presbyterate…

Anyone curious about the material rewards for siding with the Viscountess can feel free to PM me.
edited by Kaigen on 6/1/2015

I can’t decide which of these snippets makes a better Exceptional advertisement for this story, but I enjoyed them both.

I would have gone for the Parabola-Ham but still, an obvious affair is a slap in the whiskers:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie?fromEchoId=5835293

!!:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie?fromEchoId=5835419

To the authors.

Please double-check bolded hints of Undermine options

Increase the xxx’s case at the cost of the yyy’.

[quote=metasynthie]I can’t decide which of these snippets makes a better Exceptional advertisement for this story, but I enjoyed them both.

I would have gone for the Parabola-Ham but still, an obvious affair is a slap in the whiskers:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie?fromEchoId=5835293

!!:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/metasynthie?fromEchoId=5835419[/quote]

Oh my! I thought I had see the various &quotpeek through the mirror&quot options because I got one &quotfortunate&quot and one &quotunfortunate&quot result each. If I had known there were more, I might have kept peeking until I was in danger of going barmy. We might have to compile a list of snippets glimpsed pulls out a pen and starts eagerly taking notes

And so it begins. The start of my echoes is here; where a choice is presented, the one I took is noted in the title of the results echo; where a material reward is obtained, it is also noted. I will update this to provide permalinks to critical bits when I’m done, but for now, readers may follow along.

If one could please PM me the rewards for each option, I would be grateful. I am torn between who to side with in the first place.

(Did anyone echo Question the Landgrave of the Waswood? I misclicked, questioned the same cat twice, and now apparently I can’t get that option back no matter how much I undermine one at the expense of another.)

Edit: see here, and thanks!
edited by an_ocelot on 6/1/2015

Is there a non-Opportunity easily accessible (well, POSI-accessible) way to raise Heartless a bit?

Can anyone send me by PM the result for siding with either one of them? I went the third way myself. No unique item for keeping them together.

What’s happened to the previous Exceptional Story? I can see it on the Fate tab, but nowhere else. I was an exceptional friend last month and due to various reasons have not been able to play it just yet. Will it be moving to the House of Chimes soon?

You needed to at least start it to be able to play it past May.

FB said that it will probably become available, for Fate, in some time.

For now it’s gone if you did not start it.

I took the third way, mostly because Mathieu is enough of a sentimentalist to make what once was love work again. Plus, I try to take options that require a little more effort. That said, looking over the resulting text makes me think that this is a decision that I will regret, in-character if nothing else.

You needed to at least start it to be able to play it past May.

FB said that it will probably become available, for Fate, in some time.

For now it’s gone if you did not start it.[/quote]

Reading back through this thread, it’s not entirely obvious what’s happening. I’m seeing conflicting information, that it’ll be available again for a fate cost, that it’ll be available for a 3 month window, and I thought I read somewhere that content unlocked would stay unlocked (that might have been on the irc? I can’t find where I thought I read that anyways), but I could be mistaken.