EXCEPTIONAL STORY: FLINT PART I, KNIFE OR CANDLE

[quote=Travers]Did anyone echo a different ending than the ones below? I’m curious about the &quotgood&quot ending that my character would never pick.

Word of Caution
Knapt
[/quote]

Here you go!

[Url=http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Agatha~Kizmesis?fromEchoId=6900630]

I’m having a small weird problem. I appear to have this open to me and I am quite sure I have never paid to be an exceptional friend, yet I have ‘exceptional friend 60’ somehow? This may seem like a terribly obvious thing. But should I bug report this? Or is it simply something I have been given somehow, through some action?
(I do have a few freely given fate points from actions and am wondering if somehow this triggered something?) But I certainly can’t access anything else open to exceptional friends…? Sorry, I am sending a bug report, just very confused.

Sounds amazing. I feel I’ll inevitably want to replay it when that becomes an option. Will I only have to pay for December to replay both parts?
Not hugely important, but it will decide how much thought I put into each decision, as if it’s cheap, I’ll be replaying it more times than if it’s expensive.

[spoiler]I chose the save her ending. Here is the result: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien?fromEchoId=6901333

As for rewards, you get a companion called A Seared Snuffer with 1 Watchful and 3 Shadowy, and a Luminosity item called a Mountain-Sherd, which I can only asume is a typo. Oh, and the &quotSatisfaction&quot of surprising the Patroness, which in my eyes makes it totaly worth it despite the dark hint of worry. [/spoiler]
edited by Kylestien on 10/29/2015

[quote=Redwerecat]I’m having a small weird problem. I appear to have this open to me and I am quite sure I have never paid to be an exceptional friend, yet I have ‘exceptional friend 60’ somehow? This may seem like a terribly obvious thing. But should I bug report this? Or is it simply something I have been given somehow, through some action?
(I do have a few freely given fate points from actions and am wondering if somehow this triggered something?) But I certainly can’t access anything else open to exceptional friends…? Sorry, I am sending a bug report, just very confused.[/quote]
That’s just to track which month it is. The locked part of the story is in the House of Chimes, which you don’t have access to. What you’re looking at is the free public teaser.

[quote=Ian Hart]
That’s just to track which month it is. The locked part of the story is in the House of Chimes, which you don’t have access to. What you’re looking at is the free public teaser.[/quote]

Ah! Thats wonderful. Then no report shall be sent, and I shall enjoy that teaser. Thanks much!
edited by Redwerecat on 10/29/2015

It’s not a typo. Sherd is a variant spelling of shard.

What I find interesting is if you hover your mouse over this item in the inventory it says to click it to open a storylet. So I suspect this item will gain new functionality in December…

Did anyone choose to assault the Patroness? I’m wondering if it’s possible to assault her and THEN save the Bishop’s Sister.

I did. Three times. I forgot to Echo it though.

Turns out that while I’m clearly the superior fighter, it’d take a quarter of an hour to wear her down enough to win the fight. A quarter of an hour I didn’t have because the factory was burning down around us.

[quote=Curious Foreigner]I did. Three times. I forgot to Echo it though.

Turns out that while I’m clearly the superior fighter, it’d take a quarter of an hour to wear her down enough to win the fight. A quarter of an hour I didn’t have because the factory was burning down around us.

Ah, thank you! Since my odds weren’t good even with a fairly high Dangerous, I opted to save the Bishop’s Sister instead of fighting.

Silas has an intimate acquaintanceship with the more sinister side of Mahogany Hall. His knowledge of esoteric Neathy history borders on uncanny at times.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][quote=metasynthie]Also, did anyone else notice that items can now have qualities? All the Vespertine medals from F&C now have &quotRecognized by the Order Vespertine (1)&quot and there’s a new interface on some storylets to pick an item (or status?) that has that quality. It’s a neat little way to group multiple items that might allow for smoother backwards compatibility, I guess?

BUT WHAT IF QUALITIES ON ITEMS ALSO END UP GETTING QUALITIES? Where does this rabbit hole end?!?[/quote]

[color=#009900]In a well.[/color][/quote]

Doesn’t everything in the Underzee end up in a well at some point?

If you saved the Snuffer in the cellars, you get an item titled &quotSnuffer’s Gratitude&quot. If you use the item, you can choose between three things: candles, stones, or maps. I chose the map and got a Puzzling Map. Has anyone else got the others? I’m curious.
edited by Mahonagy on 10/30/2015

Is “Then, as they say in the Presbyterate…” functioning correctly? By a rough reckoning it’s 2 echoes per action, though I suppose difficulty in grinding Mysteries of the Elder Continent might mitigate that somewhat?

Mahonagy -

I chose the stone and got a Magnificent Diamond. I imagine they’re all 12.5 echo rewards - the last option is probably 5 Mourning Candles.

I feel like this may be a ridiculous question, but I guess I need to ask it anyway. I have the Gnomic Venturer as a possible recruitment for a Deputy, but for the life of me I cannot remember who she is. Google is turning up nothing related to FL, I can’t find her in a wiki, and I can’t seem to locate her echoed in my Journal anywhere, though it is quite unwieldy so if she’s in there, she may be buried. I haven’t seen her mentioned at all in this thread, unlike Silas and the other three candidates. Can someone please refresh this old man’s memory as to who she is and where I may have met her? Sheepish thanks.
edited by Martin Morgan on 10/30/2015
edited by Martin Morgan on 10/30/2015

Thanks for the details on &quotthat&quot ending Agatha Kizmesis and Kylestien. I’m extremely curious to see where these endings go…

Zantumall and Mahonagy -

The candle option is rebuffed: Candle option

She’s new! I assume she’s there for anyone who might not happen to have any of the other Acquaintances, so they won’t go Deputy-less.
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/30/2015

You’re very welcome! I’m also wondering what will happen next. We’ll just have to wait until November :)