Exceptional Friendship is Changing!

[color=#0066ff]Many of you are or have been an Exceptional Friend of the Bazaar. Thank you for your support!

Next week we are relaunching Exceptional Friendship with some new features. We wanted to give you a heads-up, and the opportunity to ask us about it.

Exceptional Friends will now receive:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]EXCEPTIONAL STORIES
A substantial, stand-alone story exclusively for Exceptional Friends, every single month. Tales of suspense, romance and adventure.[/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Bigger opportunity deck
Your opportunity deck will now hold up to 10 cards. (Edit: your deck, not your hand - hand size is still determined by lodgings.)
[/color][/li][/ul][color=#0066ff]In addition to the perks they currently enjoy:
[/color][ul][li][color=#0066ff]A second candle
Twice the actions! Up to 40 at once! [/color][/li][li][color=#0066ff]Access to the House of Chimes
An exclusive private members club on the Stolen River.[/color][/li][/ul][color=#0066ff]To reflect these changes, Exceptional Friendship will now cost $7. At the moment it costs around $5 (depending on where you live and how much Nex you buy). We’re hoping this will allow us to at least break even on the extra content time.

We’re also moving Exceptional Friendship to a subscription. Subscribe, and you’ll receive the new stories and all the above perks every month – but of course, there’ll be a box you can untick at any time if you want to stop.

If you have Nex stored up to put into Exceptional Friendship, you might want to top up now, as from next week Exceptional Friendship will be sold in USD rather than Nex.

The first Exceptional Story, THE HAUNTING OF THE MARSH-HOUSE, will be available when these changes go live.

Edit: blue-ing[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 4/21/2015

[quote=Hannah Flynn][ul][li][color=#0066ff]Bigger opportunity deck
Your opportunity deck will now hold up to 10 cards.[/color]
[/li][/ul][/quote]
I think I will love the monthly story!

Will there be adjustments for the more expensive lodgings to compensate?

And more importantly page size because aaaaaaa

edited by Estelle Knoht on 4/21/2015

[color=#C2B280]Just to clarify – it’s the opportunity deck that will be larger, not your hand. Hand size will still be determined by your lodgings. But an Exceptional Friend will be able to draw up to ten cards at one time, rather than the current limit of six – which will make it a bit easier to find the cards you want if it’s been more than an hour since you last played.[/color]
edited by Flyte on 4/21/2015

Sounds exciting! 10 card deck is very enticing…

If I pay for the deck refresh, will I get 10 cards or 6?

Nice! After getting my Ubergoat I’ve been considering dropping my exceptional friendship. With the additional stories now I have a good reason to keep it around. Plus it will be nice to not have to remember to re-apply it every month. Looking forward to it.

All I want to say is this: As someone who keeps getting Exceptional Friendship by fate currently, I’d like the option to just pay once per month at my leisure with fate as it is now. I find it easier for me to just spend a bit of fate which I can get from the super rewards mobile option when I top it up, and doubtless with a subscription i would need to go though all the hassle of credit cards and the like.
edited by Kylestien on 4/21/2015

Some more questions, about the EXCEPTIONAL STORIES:

a) If I didn’t 't have EF in January and missed the story, can I play the story from January if I get EF in February?
b) If I had EF in January but did not play the story, can I play the story without EF in February?
c) If I had EF in January but did not play the story, can I play the story with EF in February?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]If I pay for the deck refresh, will I get 10 cards or 6?[/quote][color=#C2B280]It will continue to add six cards, rather than ten. We think this is already a very good deal – even if you play really frequently, you’ll still get at least four extra cards a day, which over a month is equivalent to 20 deck refreshes. If you log in two to four times a day, it’s worth 40 to 80 deck refreshes.
[/color]

[quote=Kylestien]All I want to say is this: As someone who keeps getting Exceptional Friendship by fate currently, I’d like the option to just pay once per month at my leisure with fate as it is now. I find it easier for me to just spend a bit of fate which I can get from the super rewards mobile option when I top it up, and doubtless with a subscription i would need to go though all the hassle of credit cards and the like.
edited by Kylestien on 4/21/2015[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]Unfortunately it’s too complex to support both - but we’re planning to have Paypal support in the near future as another option.[/color]

[quote=Estelle Knoht]a) If I didn’t 't have EF in January and missed the story, can I play the story from January if I get EF in February?
b) If I had EF in January but did not play the story, can I play the story without EF in February?
c) If I had EF in January but did not play the story, can I play the story with EF in February?[/quote][color=#C2B280]We’ll make one story available at a time. So if you subscribe for the first time in August, you’ll get access to the August story but not to the story from July.

If you begin the August story but don’t finish it, it will remain available to you. So you could potentially complete it in September (or October or November…). Parts of the story may occur in the House of Chimes, though, so you will usually need to be an Exceptional Friend at the time.[/color]

Alas, then I am afraid I can no longer be a Exceptional Friend. For various reasons payment by mobile and thus fate were my only real options. May I request you look into a mobile payment option? I would love to keep my friendship.

Hm. I am generally very excited about these changes but I want to clarify further to Flyte’s comment above.

Does this mean that content will be permanently unavailable once the initial window passes? Or will you replay stories once in a while/offer Fate opportunities to catch up on content?

[quote=genesis]Hm. I am generally very excited about these changes but I want to clarify further to Flyte’s comment above.

Does this mean that content will be permanently unavailable once the initial window passes? Or will you replay stories once in a while/offer Fate opportunities to catch up on content?[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]We may revisit and extend them later for Exceptional Friends, but it’s unlikely they’ll be made available as Fate purchases.
Edit: blue! [/color]

Yes, I did mean for Exception Friends. I understand the desire to keep them exclusive to Exceptional Friends but I am less hot on the idea of transient content that you can miss forever because you had a deadline that month or had a wedding to plan or whatever other things real life can throw at you.

Questions -

If I am already an Exceptional Friend when the change happens will I have access to the story and 10 card opportunity deck?

Why US Dollars? I’m sure my bank adds charges for payments in other currencies so having a subscription for all my alts might end up being expensive.

I am already calculating the number of cigarettes per day I will have to refrain from smoking in order to net an additional $7/month.

I’m pretty sure it’s less than one.

If I have, say, 3 months worth of Exceptional Friendship before the transition next week, will I still have an Exceptional Friendship subscription for 3 months?
Or will all Exceptional Friendships be cancelled and have to be renewed on a subscription basis?

Will we still be able to use SuperRewards to buy Exceptional Friendships? I’d hate for all these birthday giftcards to go to waste…

Ooh, new stories + new opportunity deck are a very nice improvement to Exceptional Friendship indeed!

Although, I’m not sure how the subscription model is going to work out for me. $7 US isn’t a problem financially, although I’m habitually leery of automatic payments by temperament. Is the amount fixed, or an estimation of a Dollars to Pounds conversion rate?