Enhanced Exceptional Friendship is here!

Exceptional Friendship is here! An economical way to play our 100-strong catalogue of Exceptional Stories, written by some of the finest writers in games.

The first month’s story menu is as follows:

• HOJOTOHO!
  • Written in the Glim
  • The House of Silk and Flame
  • Cricket, Anyone?
  • The Seven-Day Reign
  • The Crocodile Who Would Be King

Read the full announcement on the blog. I hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Yeah! I look forward to exploring some classic stories.

Will we get to know which stories get cycled out after this first month?

1 Like

Yep! On the fate page it’s marked with ‘final month’. In the list above, it’s the top three. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Perfect! Just like I hoped, I can do ‘Cricket, Anyone?’ next month. =)
Thank you for the quick reply!

2 Likes

This is great but as a fairly new player who can be kinda anal about ‘doing things in order’ I’d be pretty happy if the older stories available included the ability to start from the earliest release and went in order from there, even if that would presumably mean offering some less popular stories sooner. I recognise this is probably a very annoying minority opinion and the selection does seem great as it is.

1 Like

Since I presume everyone (like me) wants to know about the rewards of the Snacks! perk in the HoC:

You’ve gained 3 x Basket of Rubbery Pies.
You’ve gained 3 x Crate of Incorruptible Biscuits.
You’ve gained 50 x Jasmine Leaves.

7 Likes

Cool. I went for unredacting medical texts:

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Sebastian%20Olmen/32930671

At the moment, I don’t really need the perks so I’ve been using them as roleplay and lore opportunities but I am really interested in what ‘scientific interests’ or the ‘Rubbery ambassador’ options were like. I’ll have to month my way through them.

1 Like

@sebastianolmen how did you get access to two ship slots?

1 Like

Oh, that second one’s just a transport. It was one of items on offer during the Horticultural Show/War.

1 Like

I currently have the boon ‘An Epistomologically Flexible Approach to Historiography’, and while attending the meeting at the House of Chimes I was not able to vote for one of the options to increase an advanced skill. I also see that ‘An Epistomologically Flexible Approach to Historiography’ in addition to the usual +1 Mithridacy now also gives +1 ‘An Advanced Arts Advancement’, which is probably what blocks one from voting for a skill buff.

I’m not yet sure what happens if you vote for a skill increase and then go to the Moulin Wellspring and bathe in the waters. But I intend to find out.

2 Likes

You are correct, that stops you from collecting the Perk boon. Among other second-order effects, this is a buff to Crooked-Crosses. Hopefully gets re-examined.

Not to sound exceedingly petty, but am I the only one who finds the purple text encouraging you to enhance a bit jarring? It’s constantly bleeding purple into my peripheral as I read and seems out of place in comparison to the rest of the UI. I think the light blue of the normal exceptional friends message would be far more appropriate, at least on the main tab.

4 Likes

If you have a skill improving boon from the House of Chimes, it turns out you’re not able to pick up the Mithridacy boon from the Wellspring - but this also means you can’t collect any wellspring water if you’re not a Crooked Cross, as you have no way to gain the first level of Glowing Viric. This seems like a potential oversight, as it makes the Wellspring completely useless if you choose a skill boon.

Yeah, I have to agree on that. It always tries to draw my attention away from the actual gameplay section.
A less intrusive colour would be most welcome.

1 Like

But I have collected Wellspring Water in the past, and my character has NEVER been a Crooked Cross!

You didn’t have the boon from the House of Chimes, so you were able to pick up the Mithridacy boon first

1 Like

I got the Wellspring water long before FB came up with the Mithridacy boon.

I feel like you’re misreading something. (This reply is to catherineraymond)

If you have a skill improving boon from the House of Chimes, it turns out you’re not able to pick up the Mithridacy boon from the Wellspring

If you don’t have the boon from HoC, you can pick up the Wellspring Water. This applies to anyone, past and present. So, yes, you were able to pick it up without being a CC.

but this also means you can’t collect any wellspring water if you’re not a Crooked Cross, as you have no way to gain the first level of Glowing Viric

If you got the boon from HoC, you can not collect Wellspring Water unless you’re a Crooked Cross, due to the Boon preventing you from getting another Boon, and preventing you from getting the WW. This is new as of the implementation of EF+ on Thursday.

2 Likes

I think they were trying to match the color scheme of the House of Chimes banner image. The place does look like its bathed in Irrigo. Close proximity to the Fallen Quarter and the Cave of the Nadir maybe? That aside, I’ve gotten used to it, but then again I don’t play on mobile so maybe its worse there?

Edit: Or maybe its to try and match the purple bordered rare cards?

1 Like

Well one week down and my vote for the scandal reducing boon was a waste. It never once triggered on any of my scandal gains.

1 Like