Enduring Recent News

Would it make sense for Recent News to be an enduring item the value of which decreases in importance (and returns) as time passes?

Some outposts would still be happy for week old news (I would if stuck on a lightship miles from London).

I think that would certainly be something that applied to strategic information and vital intelligence, but recent news is the equivalent of the morning paper :)

Yes, morning paper which many outposts wouldn’t see otherwise without you passing by to bring it.

Sometimes old morning news is better than no news at all :)

I don’t think so. Recent News is just stuff that’s been going on in London. Mr H_____had a heart attack, a building burned down, that sort’ve thing. It’s interesting to the colonies who get no news regardless of when it happened. I’d love to be able to share that same news with multiple sources though…

[quote=TanoPrime]Yes, morning paper which many outposts wouldn’t see otherwise without you passing by to bring it.

Sometimes old morning news is better than no news at all :)[/quote]

I agree entirely, I just think the mechanic would be a good one to implement for the more immediate news items :)

It would be nice to pick up a bunch of recent news/morning papers as you can only have one at a time and there are several places that will take them. It can be difficult to decide which one to use it for and a bit annoying to dock at a light ship to reduce terror and suddenly realise that you gave it to someone else. But having just said that they can’t be too cheap and would have to take up hold space or else you could just keep ferrying newspapers for terror reduction.

perhaps a side quest from Nuncio, delivering the papers…

A logical idea in theory. A tedium to implement for the dev team. It would mean creating a whole new icon for “Week Old News” and tweaked stat effects for it, as well as potential re-balancing issues… I’d rather the devs work on optimisation and finishing the Carnelian Officers storyline! The damn game gets choppy for me and I have a more than decent enough computer to play this game. [HD7950 and FX8350]

Good luck getting any papers off Nuncio… unless you mean delivering it to Nuncio.

You’re looking at it backwards. All they need to do is store when the News was printed in the item somehow, and compare that to the current date when you go to use it. No need to update it at any point in between.
edited by Olorin on 2/10/2015

They’d have to make elastic the selling price of Recent News to accommodate this at the very least. Suffice to say, I think it’s a superfluous idea that’s probably not going to be implemmented

Good luck getting any papers off Nuncio… unless you mean delivering it to Nuncio.
[/quote]

Oh it’s possible to get mail off Nuncio :) You’ve just got to give it to the right person on the Island :)