Embroiled in Wars of Illusion Quick Question

I’m at 7 with Embroiled in Wars of Illusion and I’ve noticed that CP for it is a rare chance. My question is simply at what level does Embroiled need to be to unlock more of the story?

Edit: Leaving this open for others to ask questions.
edited by Amelia Syrus on 7/3/2016

I think 9 is the next point where something changes. I know it goes a lot higher, up to 25 by the time you finish it in Mahogany Hall.

Thanks. The grind has been brutal so far and I’ve had enough bad luck lately that I wanted to know how high I need to go. At least as I’m typing this it’s close to 8 so there’s that.

What are you doing to raise it?

Making use of Bats and Cats. But it seems like the CP for it is like a rare drop. Atm, I’ve focused more on Cats and Investigating.

Unsure if spoilers, so I’m putting them under a cut just in case.

[spoiler]I’m actually going through the same storylets right now. If you up your Investigating, Seeking, Making Use of Cats, and Making Use of Bats to 5 each and then choose the &quotWhat is going on with these people?&quot storylet and succeed the Shadowy challenge, I think it might automatically set your Embroiled in Wars of Illusion to nine. At least that’s what it did for me, and it was the only Embroiled in Wars of Illusion gain that I got after reaching the bat/cat portion of this particular plotline.

Do take care before doing this since this will take you to one of those unavoidable choices you get whenever you advance A Name Whispered in Darkness.[/spoiler]
edited by Inchoatl on 7/3/2016

If you mean the choice between bats and cats, it’s okay you can change your mind. I did!

[quote=Inchoatl]Unsure if spoilers, so I’m putting them under a cut just in case.

[spoiler]I’m actually going through the same storylets right now. If you up your Investigating, Seeking, Making Use of Cats, and Making Use of Bats to 5 each and then choose the &quotWhat is going on with these people?&quot storylet and succeed the Shadowy challenge, I think it might automatically set your Embroiled in Wars of Illusion to nine. At least that’s what it did for me, and it was the only Embroiled in Wars of Illusion gain that I got after reaching the bat/cat portion of this particular plotline.

Do take care before doing this since this will take you to one of those unavoidable choices you get whenever you advance A Name Whispered in Darkness.[/spoiler]
edited by Inchoatl on 7/3/2016[/quote]
Does this storylet unlocks only when you have all four qualities at 5? Because I am doing it too, just now, and that option is nowhere to be seen. I’ve got EiWoI at 6
edited by BlabberingMat on 7/3/2016

I mean the choice that advances your ANWiD.

[quote=BlabberingMat]Does this storylet unlocks only when you have all four qualities at 5? Because I am doing it too, just now, and that option is nowhere to be seen. I’ve got EiWoI at 6
edited by BlabberingMat on 7/3/2016[/quote]
The Storylet should appear when all four qualities are at 5 or higher. Also my ANWiD was 6 at the time, though I’m not sure if those particular storylets are available to anyone with ANWiD at any other level, so that particular point may be moot.

I just now got that option and I’m kind of screaming because my EiWoI quality is at 8. I don’t recall if it was available before but if it wasn’t than at least all of those failed attempts at low risk aren’t a complete waste.

And I think you do have to have ANWiD at 6 since it was unlocked for me after a heist.

[quote=Amelia Syrus]I just now got that option and I’m kind of screaming because my EiWoI quality is at 8. I don’t recall if it was available before but if it wasn’t than at least all of those failed attempts at low risk aren’t a complete waste.

And I think you do have to have ANWiD at 6 since it was unlocked for me after a heist.[/quote]
Awesome, good to have semi-confirmation on that one!

I finally hit 15 of EiWoI. But I do have another question. A spoilery one at that.

Does choosing a side or playing both sides make a difference? It feels like to me it doesn’t matter if you side with the Glass or Shroud. But if siding with the Glass locks out any content at the Carnival, I’d like to know before choosing an option.

I got my score up to 9, but I can’t see what has changed. :/

Edit—Just figgured out I have to raise &quotA Name Whispered in Darkness&quot to 6 by burgling the Concord Square record office.
edited by Beau Mercy on 7/3/2016

[quote=Beau Mercy]I got my score up to 9, but I can’t see what has changed. :/

Edit—Just figgured out I have to raise &quotA Name Whispered in Darkness&quot to 6 by burgling the Concord Square record office.
edited by Beau Mercy on 7/3/2016[/quote]
If you already succeeded in the heist, ignore this. But definitely get an escape route prepared and any keys. From what I recall, I scrapped by with sheer luck and immensely regretted not doing so.

[quote=Amelia Syrus]I finally hit 15 of EiWoI. But I do have another question. A spoilery one at that.

Snip[/quote]
A spoiler for a spoiler:

While I can’t attest to anything beyond 15, I chose to Play Both Sides after siding with Shroud and it set my EiWoL back to 9. That said, I retained my 1 point of Connected: Shroud. I’ve yet to delve further into this particular storyline.

edited by Inchoatl on 7/3/2016

[quote=Inchoatl]
A spoiler for a spoiler[/quote]

Ludicrous spoiler ahoy!

Mmmm… I’m not sure if I like EiWoI getting reset like that. I have a good assumption what both factions are like and I know my character would already hate one because of Madam Shoshana. Both seem like tempting choices but I think I’ll try full Glass and see where it goes. That and I admittedly might still be salty with the cats making me fail like 6x in a low risk challenge.

Quick update. Apologies if the spoiler doesn’t work as I’m on a smartphone and spoilers don’t seem to work for me.

Update: I upped my Making Use of Bats to 6, and then helped the bats steal from Madame Shoshanna. When I went back to Mahogany Hall, there was a new option to play both sides that required a point of both Connected: Shroud and Connected: Glass. I’ll pass along updates as they come.