Embroiled in the War of Illusions

How do I advance this past 10? Doing cats and bats seems like the obvious thing, but no luck so far.

Thanks!

At some point, you will need to go to Mahogany Hall. I don’t remember what specific value of Wars of Illusion requires that, but it’s likely the one that you’re at.

Unlike the other locations, Mahogany Hall does not unlock as the result of advancing the story. You have to purchase access from your lodgings, for the rather awkward price of a large collection of ferrets, lizards, and neckerchiefs.

Mahogany Hall only comes in at Level 15.

To get there, raise Working with Cats or Bats to 6 and play either this or this storylet. Both will set you to Embroiled… 15.

And yes, you’ll need to buy entry to Mahogany Hall at your lodgings, or for 5 Fate from this opportunity card.

Actually, I’m already at Mahagony Hall, but there is an option there for a seance that requires embroiled in the wars of illusion at 20, while I’m currently at 10. I can’t figure out how to raise that.

Even if you already have Mahogany Hall, you still need to get from 10 to 15 - for which you need to do the steps I’ve described.

If that is somehow not possible, send a bug report to support@failbettergames.com - there’s been a few issues with Wars of Illusion in the past.

Ah, thank you! I understand now.