Election Candidate: The Jovial Contrarian

Once again, Sketch speaks about the issues important to the common man/woman/other: Graphic Design.

Master yourself.
Brilliant slogan!

I take it that the lack of colours represents his moral ambiguity, and the grey morality of the Revolutionaries.[/quote]

Moral ambiguity is nice and all, but what about prettiness? Didn’t they ever make him color his pictures in grade school?[/quote]
Probably not. He’d just keep debating with the teachers which colors would look best without actually coloring anything.

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099] ‘At last, the chance to prove we are capable of self-governance is in our grasp.’[/color][color=#cc0099] [/color][/quote]This seems both fair and democratic. And I will have no part in it!

Once again, Sketch speaks about the issues important to the common man/woman/other: Graphic Design.[/quote]

Southwark’s facial hair isn’t very good looking. We need a better beard.

Revolutionaries are all the same—they spout slogans about freedom, but freedom to what? To be overrun by the forces of Hell? Vote for the Bishop!

I think the chances that Hell will attack us are much higher if someone invades them first.

I kinda want to vote on him just because he is the candidate no one will pick, and I think this is quite the point.

He might not be the best choice of mayor, but he surely will be the funniest. He is my favourite guest in the party, if only because he is sports when he looses arguments and he (almost, if you are successful) kills a man just by being annoying. It takes serious skills to kill people with debating hard.

Is it not the case that Hell has already invaded? A fortnight ago I interrupted a devilless attempting to trick a poor orphan into giving up his immortal soul! What will those Revolutionaries do about that?
edited by Beau Mercy on 6/16/2016

How irritating that Failbetter would give us a candidate that actually seems like he’d be good at the job. Now I’m forced to decide between voting for someone that seems to be the best candidate for the job and someone whose campaign platform is essentially “Let’s supplex Satan.”

Is it not the case that Hell has already invaded? A fortnight ago I interrupted a devilless attempting to trick a poor orphan into giving up his immortal soul! What will those Revolutionaries do about that?
edited by Beau Mercy on 6/16/2016[/quote]

I don’t think you understand what the devils will be able to do when we do invade, it will be more than just tricking people into selling them their souls im afraid.

Winnable or not, the war will come.

I bet the Contrarian would be real fun at the University. If he hasn’t been kicked out already. But if that’s the case he can just use those mayoral powers to continue infuriating the academics once again.

I’m surprised that some of you don’t remember the Contrarian. He’s one of my favorite characters!

LOL

The Contrarian also has a cameo in Sunless Sea. He goes shopping at the Roser’s Market for longboxes and gets into an extended argument with you concerning your boxes quality, before happily paying the full price. He loves arguing for its own sake. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why he’s running, to have lots and lots of arguments. Maybe this is a clever stratagem to hide his true motivations. Maybe this is just how he is. Maybe we’ll find out.

Turns out all this time it was a act for his plan to bring Eaten back from the dead.

This! Now I have to decide which is stronger: my hatred for hell or my commitment to the cause. The Neath - dilemma after dilemma after dilemma…
edited by Victoria Astra Ludlow on 6/17/2016

Is it really that surprising? He’s the kind of guy Call would break over her knee after an extended argument.[li]

Funnily enough, my one vote issue can be summed up with essentially the same wording, only with… slightly different emphasis. Let our votes decide!

I myself will be casting a vote for this Chestertonian figure, if only because he is an homage to one of my all-time favorite authors. Plus, I think him the most level-headed of the bunch, and have a tendency to want to go against the “celebrity favorites.” Finally, I just like to have the fellow about, as a debater myself.