Election Candidate: Sinning Jenny

[color=#cc0099]London will have a Mayor. This week, we announce the candidates. Who will you support? [/color]
[color=#cc0099]Below is news on our first candidate. Others will follow in the coming days on their own threads.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]The mistress of the Parlour of Virtue was first to declare herself. She is supported by nuns and personages of the night. She bears the slogan: &quotFortune Favours the Bold&quot[/color]

[color=#cc0099]&quotJenny doesn’t lack for status, and her coalition of nuns and ladies and gentleman of the night campaign on the streets.‘I’m for the people.’ She waves her hand, ‘I’m tired of London’s indifference to those suffering’&quot [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]As a few of you may have come across rather accidentally, you can purchase the Election posters in our store![/color]

Is she a Vake hunter? Did we know this?

This should be fun.
Unrelated, I believe the second or third shall be our pugilist of a Bishop.

[quote=Dom Scorp]This should be fun.
Unrelated, I believe the second or third shall be our pugilist of a Bishop.[/quote]

God have mercy on our souls if he is choosen…
edited by The Master on 6/14/2016

Will the subject of suffrage be addressed in this election? It’s established FL canon that women don’t have the vote yet and I’m curious if this will have any affect on the content even though precedent says this is unlikely.

Oh, that’s simple. The City of Fallen London granted all citizens the vote in municipal elections, regardless of class, sex or species. It’s only at the level of national elections to the House of Commons that voting is restricted to men.

NOTE: I just made this up now.

Oh, how toothsome. The lady certainly has my vote!

Suffrage is perhaps one of the few circumstances where my character strongly agrees with Benthic. In that and the unions only is my character at all revolutionary.

(but it’s really hard not to be a suffragette when half London thinks you are a woman in trousers – and the other half thinks you a man with . . … eccentric tastes)

I imagine this is a ripe time to go back and retcon that, a la Connected: The Widow.

I like that she address the social problems of London, right off the bat.
Also, these election posters look sharp! Job well done there.

I’m impressed with how she managed to get the two parties closest to inherent opposition to support her simultaneously. With diplomatic skills like that, there’s no way that she couldn’t lead london to a new era of peace. of course, there would be other issues, such as crime rates and the fact that she’s likely a pawn of the masters, but still- era of peace!
edited by Grenem on 6/14/2016

I am proud to place myself in opposition! I am the Black-Shirted Radical. I stand for emancipation of the clay men, extending the vote to all men and even women over the age of twenty, the repair and reconstruction of many damaged parts of Fallen London and a stern stance against criminality! I would have law and order, clean shining buildings and a concrete economic policy on how to achieve both! Vote on candidates with capability, not on their popularity!
edited by The Black-Shirted Radical on 6/14/2016

And the Bishop of Bishop of Southwark is okay with this?

Anyways, I suspect that once in office Jenny will represent the interests of her good friend Mr Wines. First the euphoria, then the hangover.
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/14/2016

Would we have the stooge of a Master rule our city? If so, this will be a sham! A mockery of our people! In a Christian city? We are better than this. Stand against Sinning Jenny.

This man knows what the people want.

[quote=absimiliard]Suffrage is perhaps one of the few circumstances where my character strongly agrees with Benthic. In that and the unions only is my character at all revolutionary.

(but it’s really hard not to be a suffragette when half London thinks you are a woman in trousers – and the other half thinks you a man with . . … eccentric tastes)[/quote]
I’ve always seen Benthic and Summerset as two sides of the same coin, both being extremes of progression and freedom vs tradition and structure. Can’t really blame you for siding them when their opposers would have a portion of the populous unable to vote.

As for Jenny, she makes some interesting promises. I support taking down the Vake, but what’s this of her being a Master’s stooge?

This is glorious.

[quote=Sir Joseph Marlen][quote=absimiliard]Suffrage is perhaps one of the few circumstances where my character strongly agrees with Benthic. In that and the unions only is my character at all revolutionary.

(but it’s really hard not to be a suffragette when half London thinks you are a woman in trousers – and the other half thinks you a man with . . … eccentric tastes)[/quote]
I’ve always seen Benthic and Summerset as two sides of the same coin, both being extremes of progression and freedom vs tradition and structure. Can’t really blame you for siding them when their opposers would have a portion of the populous unable to vote.

As for Jenny, she makes some interesting promises. I support taking down the Vake, but what’s this of her being a Master’s stooge?[/quote]
She’s works for Mr. Wine’s Parlor of Virtue. There’s only so anti-master you can be while working one of the least respected jobs while under their protections.

&quotShe is a known associate of Mister Wines!&quot

(idiot that I was, misnamed the Master)
edited by The Black-Shirted Radical on 6/15/2016

She’s a known associate of Mr Wines, not Veils.

EDIT: Master Broken HTML Tags struck down.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 6/14/2016