Election 1895: The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner

Tea and anarchy? Oh no… that’s my aesthetic.

My word. Politics do make very strange bedfellows don’t they? I never thought I would vote for the Temperance Campaigner, but here we are? How did this come to pass?

I trust Feducci as far as I can throw as I can throw him. Trust a man by how he treats those around him. For those that heard the bandaged fellows confession at Hallomas it is clear that Feducci only looks out for number one.

For the Detective? I understand a clean up of the legal system. I feel for her and the fellow detectives that are mistreated. But, unfortunately, they are just another arm of the Masters. Strengthening this arm merely strengthens them.

And as for all of the poor fools shrieking, “oh my booze, they will take my booze away they will they will”. Remember your history, alcohol will flow regardless of the law. But if restricted, it certainly no longer falls into the clothy pockets of our lovely and gracious Mr. Wines.

Teatime for London!

Now accepting Donations for our lovely Campaigner. Happy to match any donations, loves. Let’s hitch up our skirts and get this done. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Winter%20IV

WinterIV brings up excellent points. Shen is certainly holding out for those speakeasies, as the Detective calls for a harsh crackdown against crime and Feducci simply cannot be trusted.

Shen’s a Fixer, if any of you are in need:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/sankami
Always happy to support the cause.

Investigating the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner.

Her offices are being held at the Guildhall of the Humble Order of Mudlarkers and Steeplejacks, a small and sombre tenement building on the edge of Spite. A small cabinet on the second storey, past a mouldering chimney tower, is heavily padlocked, and affixed with a sign reading ‘DON’T.

Several minutes later, you have all the padlocks off and the sign is sitting forlornly on the dusty floor. Inside are instructions on waylaying honey-dealers, and accounts describing the purchase of vast amounts of honey. The Campaigner is eager to get the stuff out of people’s hands, but has no idea what to do with it all. Gallon after gallon of it are being poured into a ‘honey-well.’

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Akernis?fromEchoId=11945828

edited by Akernis on 6/26/2017

WinterIV’s points are precise. The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner is not what I’d like her to be, but she’s probably the better choice than the other candidates. So if you happen to need a campaigner, feel free to write.
edited by Klarg de Thaym on 6/26/2017

[quote=Akernis]Investigating the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner.

Her offices are being held at the Guildhall of the Humble Order of Mudlarkers and Steeplejacks, a small and sombre tenement building on the edge of Spite. A small cabinet on the second storey, past a mouldering chimney tower, is heavily padlocked, and affixed with a sign reading ‘DON’T.

Several minutes later, you have all the padlocks off and the sign is sitting forlornly on the dusty floor. Inside are instructions on waylaying honey-dealers, and accounts describing the purchase of vast amounts of honey. The Campaigner is eager to get the stuff out of people’s hands, but has no idea what to do with it all. Gallon after gallon of it are being poured into a ‘honey-well.’

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Akernis?fromEchoId=11945828

edited by Akernis on 6/26/2017[/quote]

(I pretty sure that’s why Eaten ruled the edge of dreams. That is Parabola, history here is mutable, Eaten would always have been a one-time ruler of the entrance of dreams, thanks to DTC’s generosity lol.)

I want to jump into the “honey-well”. Imagine the dreams.

Here it is:

[quote=Campaigner Card]A kinder London

An inspiration to some, a nuisance to others, a source of creeping dread to yet others, the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner is a polarising figure. She champions a great many causes, large and small, for nothing is beneath her notice and she will let no vice go unchecked. Yet, she cares for animals, the poor, the reformed criminals and honey addicts with as much fervour as she crusades against wicked landlords and spirifiers, liquor merchants and honey peddlers.

Her campaign is bolstered by staunch Society matrons, Criminals in varying stages of reform, and the Church. She can be seen marching through the streets bearing a placard reading: ‘PROSPERITY! DIGNITY! TEA!’[/quote]

Her plans seem fairly realistic to me. She has a list of essentials and a list of things she’s willing to compromise on, which indicates she’s given her program a lot of thought and knows how to prioritize.
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/26/2017

Shocking information on the Dauntless Campaigner is revelead! Buy a copy of the Phlegethonian Gazette to find out the details! Only five pence.
edited by Lord Gazter on 6/26/2017

I hope I will get a Scarlet Umbrella for supporting the DTC.

I can’t believe I’m supporting the campaigner, but there you have it

the explanatory text on her card absolutely won me over

[spoiler]The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner tears herself away from a brisk conversation with a member of Humble Order of Mudlarkers and Steeplejacks to answer your questions.

“I have dedicated my life to fighting exploitation. Yes, I’ve fought the honey-pushers, who addict dreamers, and the drink-dealers who poison mothers and fathers. But I’m here to fight the factory-owners, the landlords, the bankers who drive our citizens into such harmful escapes. We must help the addled and afflicted, provide houses of respite and healing. And tea. I am in favour of tea.” She smiles and gives you a firm handshake, before marching away to menace a notoriously unscrupulous landlord.[/spoiler]

I’d take housing for the poor over speculative investment and more brutal policing any day

Quick question to fellow supporters, do we need an HQ for RP, discussion, and plotting? There’s one for Feducci and it’d certainly be useful to have a single main page to go off.

I think a main page that combines all information about Campaigner campaigners, fixers, and agitators would be useful, as would a single space where greater coordination can be proposed. Keep it in the Mandrake.

Dear friends, I have donned my fancy Campaigner shoes and I am ready to donate to the cause, receive donations, sing loudly, etc.

enquire within: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/a%20nice%20friend

We are going to have to pull our socks way up if we want to keep ole Bandage-Face out of office. Socks up to our waists!
edited by a Nice Friend on 7/4/2017

I have my concerns about the honey well too but not enough to sway my resolve.

As a fixer I have added you all as contacts and sent you some pre-emptive help for scandal. It is there for you should you need it.

NOTE: THE DAUNTLESS TEMPERANCE HQ HAS BEEN SET UP, DISCUSS THE CAMPAIGN AND PLAN AHEAD AT
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic24470-the-honeywell-dauntless-temperance-headquarters.aspx

For easy access to a list of members, leave your name and link on the Dauntless Temperance Campaign’s document at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1On0-TVO6hvYiKhJ39u2Crs0--IXY7EiU4bSsTibm11k/edit?usp=sharing

Heading there myself. Now if anybody needs a Fixer’s services, donations etc, my Bethlehem Suite is open.

How splendidly apt. The bottom of a well is the best place for that mob. :)

Question about the campaign: as a former Bishop voter, would the DTC satisfy me? “Combat hedonism and degeneracy” seems like an excellent agenda, but from the text I’ve been able to find she seems to be focusing mostly on honey right now (which, by itself, isn’t a good enough electoral platform), and I’ve also seen her say something to the effect of her wanting to focus on helping the poor, reformed, and in need, as opposed to fighting against societal plagues.

Do we know what her actual focus will be? Or will we have to wait for the halfway point for more information?

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Question about the campaign: as a former Bishop voter, would the DTC satisfy me? &quotCombat hedonism and degeneracy&quot seems like an excellent agenda, but from the text I’ve been able to find she seems to be focusing mostly on honey right now (which, by itself, isn’t a good enough electoral platform), and I’ve also seen her say something to the effect of her wanting to focus on helping the poor, reformed, and in need, as opposed to fighting against societal plagues.

Do we know what her actual focus will be? Or will we have to wait for the halfway point for more information?[/quote]
Both of the things you’ve said, basically.
She’s intent on fighting the honey trade,
but also set on rehabilitating and building houses for the poor.
She’s a bit too smart to focus on just the honey, but she does really want to give drug barons and crime-bosses a kick in the shins.