Echo Grinding?

I’ve found a ~1epa grind in Mahogany Hall but are there any better ones for me?

My char. has
Persuasive 107+32
Dangerous 73+29
Shadowy 52+5
Watchful 39+7

[quote=Strawbreevee]I’ve found a ~1epa grind in Mahogany Hall but are there any better ones for me?

My char. has
Persuasive 107+32
Dangerous 73+29
Shadowy 52+5
Watchful 39+7[/quote]
Probably not.
I suggest you stop grinding, work on your other stats through Making Your Name storylets and become a POSI. This will give you access to a number of item grinding options, a better selection of opportunity cards, and some goals to actually grind toward.

[quote=Strawbreevee]I’ve found a ~1epa grind in Mahogany Hall but are there any better ones for me?

My char. has
Persuasive 107+32
Dangerous 73+29
Shadowy 52+5
Watchful 39+7[/quote]

Like what Aniline said, I suggest you work you way to PoSi first, getting all stats to 100 without modifiers (suggested. I used modifiers to get my PoSi, and the Shadowy grind to do anything useful after that was HELL).

Once you have that, you can do the &quotShake down your agent&quot in Unfinished Business (Veilgarden). For 6 actions you get somewhere between 102 & 472 Fistfuls of Surface Currency. They sell for quite a lot and is, to my knowledge, the quickest Echo Grind there is. I’m told that the Soul Trade is the most profitable action in the game, but after trying it I’m not quite so sure. Maybe because I had something like 60% success chance when I tried to farm souls…
Either way, work on Person of Some Importance first. You won’t get a lot of good money grinds before that.

I am not sure at what level it becomes viable, but grinding out a certain quick in the Labyrinth of Tigers and then cashing in the reward in the Flit is a very profitable grind, and the way I acquired my surplus of currency.

Don’t you mean University? The Labyrinth of Tigers runs on The Hunt is On!. The University gives Investigating… and the you cash it out at the Heights of Chicanery.

Anyway, OP’s Watchful and Shadowy are nowhere near the soft requirements for this.

Soul Trade is Fate-locked and either option requires a source of souls, for which the best one is the Unfinished Business grind (requires POSI + high Shadowy). The spirifer option is exactly as good as University-Flit. The shepherd option is apparently good, too, but more complicated, and being a spirifer I haven’t done the math.

The Hunt is On grind used to use the Flit, but after they nerfed it you turn it in in Watchmaker’s Hill (killing marsh wolves).

This is still a very profitable grind! The simulation gives me 1.753 EPA given a 100% success chance for THiO gain and 1 action per 3 CP of wounds healed; spirifering only gives 1.71.
(Too bad it locks with progression; I want the owl now more than cider later.)

This is still a very profitable grind! The simulation gives me 1.753 EPA given a 100% success chance for THiO gain and 1 action per 3 CP of wounds healed; spirifering only gives 1.71.[/quote]
If you have an alt or helpful acquaintance, you can use the new social action for -6 CP Wounds per action. Spirifage gives about 1.75 EPA by my math though.

My simulation gives ~1.765 EPA for the Hunt+Wolves cycle, though yeah I’m using an alt for the wounds loss.

The wounds aren’t really a big deal. Even using a cider for them may actually be a wash due to drawing the A Restorative card more often. You can stay below 2 wounds ~33% of the time using an alt, since the wounds loss is consistent now.

When did they nerf the flit cycle? I remember using it almost exclusively for my uber-goar grind. If it was nerfed I can only shake my head in disappointment.

By limiting The third coil to those with The Hunt Is On! below 8, they effectively prevented the grind from being extra profitable for anything that required more than 8. This was apparently done on January 27th, 2017.

It used to be that Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers locked the storylets for Acquiring Exhibits for the Labyrinth of Tigers, so we were never meant to be able to profit from both building up The Hunt Is On! and killing/capturing the prey. But due to popular demand they opened up those earlier storylets without nerfing The third coil (until this year, and only to some extent). So don’t shake your head in disappointment. Grin like someone who’s gotten away with something they shouldn’t have.

edited by Gillsing on 8/23/2017

Forgive me, but I personally don’t find an already grindy game becoming more grindy to be a particularly enjoyable thing. Likewise finding possible cycles like that one are half the fun of the game for me; I love understanding the mechanics and how to best utilize them.