Easiest Achievement After POSI

Hi Everyone!

I’m browsing guides to accomplish the following achievements:

• Paramount Presence[/li][li]Courier’s Footprint[/li][li]Poet Laureate[/li][li]Ubergoated[/li][li]Heptagoated[/li][li]Cider Owner[/li][li]Finishing Ambition[/li][li]Stormy-Eyed[/li][li]Founding my own Laboratory

However, I’m bit overwhelmed to which should I do first. On your opinion, on which order should I accomplish these achievements? Here are my current stats (with equipment).

Watchful - 201
Shadowy - 198
Dangerous - 221
Persuasive - 248

Currently at the Tiger’s Court, grinding few echoes, once I have traded the items, I will have an average of 6000+ echoes.

Stormy-eyed is easy enough, it just accumulates. You pick up the last couple of levels away from London. Then you ditch it all and start again.
Ubergoat is just a matter of dosh, and not that much, so again, not a big stretch.
To set up the lab, all that was required was the single heist needing 5 docks favours, so I’d put that in the easy category, too. At least in the first instance (the refresh cards level).
The rest, lots and lots of resources and a long grindy time. Speaking personally, PP was going to be next, but I’m waiting for the new route now.

The story that I need to increase is the dream right? So basically, I keep on dreaming and try not end up on Royal Beth?

Does this mean that Stormy-Eyed is something you can spend?

The story that I need to increase is the dream right? So basically, I keep on dreaming and try not end up on Royal Beth?

Does this mean that Stormy-Eyed is something you can spend?[/quote]

When you have enough What the Thunder Said (WtTS) dreams, you will get an opportunity to get Stormy-Eyed and reset your What the Thunder Said dreams, giving you options to either spend or gain Stormy-Eyed using WtTS dream cards and get more content about these dreams. Once you once again have high WtTS level and Stormy-Eyed level 19 (the latter best achieved by grinding it in Mutton Island once you’ve already gained some of it and want to proceed to the special location), then you get access to a unique location with unique story snippets connnected to WtTS dreams that you can leave only once you’ve spent all Stormy-Eyed there. And so the cycle continues. In addition, this location has the Renown 40 item for Urchins, so you could plan to get it at the same time if that is something you are interested in.

Overall, Stormy-Eyed is heavily card-dependent (aside from the Mutton Island bit), so you can pursue it on the side while in London.

Ubergoated - ~24k echo == 3 month echo grind
Heptagoated - ~180k echo == 1.5 to 2 years of grind
Cider Owner - 160k echo == 1.5 to 2 years of grind

Paramount Presence - ~1-6 months grind, depending on your BDR, scheme and choices, pretty useful reward, will be MUCH easier after May 2020
Courier’s Footprint - less than a month grind, almost useless reward
Poet Laureate - less than a month grind, mildly profitable, useless reward, some lore in process
Stormy-Eyed - not sure if you can grind that, card dependent. better to do it when you reach Renown Urchins 40.
Finishing Ambition - ~10-15k echo, good rewards, good story
Founding my own Laboratory - less than 5k, might be usefull later
edited by Waterpls on 4/22/2020

[quote=Waterpls]Ubergoated - ~24k echo == 3 month echo grind
Heptagoated - ~180k echo == 1.5 to 2 years of grind
Cider Owner - 160k echo == 1.5 to 2 years of grind

Paramount Presence - ~1-6 months grind, depending on your BDR, scheme and choices, pretty useful reward, will be MUCH easier after May 2020
Courier’s Footprint - less than a month grind, almost useless reward
Poet Laureate - less than a month grind, mildly profitable, useless reward, some lore in process
Stormy-Eyed - not sure if you can grind that, card dependent. better to do it when you reach Renown Urchins 40.
Finishing Ambition - ~10-15k echo, good rewards, good story
Founding my own Laboratory - less than 5k, might be usefull later
edited by Waterpls on 4/22/2020[/quote]

May I kindly ask why PP is easier after May 2020? Also, PP is much faster to gain than having a cider?

With my current persuasive and watchful level, is Poet Laureate and courier’s footprint still achievable in a month?

Failbetter has announced that they’re going to redo how Paramount Presence works after May, and it likely won’t be as much of a grind. They made a unique quality for now for people who already have it, to mark that it’s different now. But if you’re just starting on the grind now, you probably won’t get it done before they swap it around.

I would recommend:

First the “grinds” that advance story and stats. Second, grinds that advance others at the same time.

So I think the natural priorities are:

1. raising all your stats to 200 is good for all of the grinds after that.

2. Ambition gives story and variety, and will naturally lead you to the lab and parabolan base camp. However, you will run into times in the Ambition where you’re missing ingredients, or will have to pick up things that are hard/rare to get, so when you need money you can get it by…

3. Poet Laureate. It’s a profitable grind, so at the end of it you’ll have an extra pile of money to contribute towards whatever you need the cash for.

4. Ubergoat. High watchful is just nice for ambition, for courier’s footprint, and lab content.

In the meantime, slowly accumulate Dreams of What the Thunder Said and eventually get Stormy-Eyed. You only need a few points of it to open the grind that can get you to the Mind of a Long-Dead god, as long as you don’t give away all of it you’ll have that option for whenever you want it (such as when you get urchins renown 40).

[quote=Bryan James Ilaga]
With my current persuasive and watchful level, is Poet Laureate and courier’s footprint still achievable in a month?[/quote]

Nope. Its raw estimates when you base stats are maxed and items are ready. You need 300 modified Watchful / Persuasive for the last step of Courier / Poet.
Problem not even in you base stats, those could be maxed out lightning fast with social actions. Bottle neck is the best gear, for some of which you need Renown 40 with different factions.

Specifically, FBG has said that the new version of the Paramount Presence grind won’t require Notability over 12–which standing alone should make the grind much easier.

You should probably work towards 40 Renown with several factions, since the final Renown item is the best-in-slot for all stats. Getting these best items is necessary for grinds such as Courier’s Footprint and Poet Laureate, which require stats at 270-300. It’s not a bad idea to hold on to any Mood cards, as their boost will be necessary at the final few actions.
When you grind Poet Laureate, after you have tried all the masterpiece options for fun, I suggest sticking with the Tiger Ballets. They give Tiger favor, which can be exchanged at the Tiger Court for rare items (enigmas, night whispers etc). Thus the ballet becomes more profitable than any other option.
The fastest grind to accumulate echoes (needed for Cider, and very useful when you want the lab) is the Rosers expedition in the Forgotten Quarter. Once this was released, my echo grind to get the Cider was halved. However, make sure you get the goat first, so you can always use the bucaneering option.

All in all: go for the Ubergoat first, grinding Renown on the side. Both give equipment that boosts your stats high enough, to allow you to work towards other grinds such as Courier’s Footprint. Footprint and Laureate are significant story-wise, but do not give out something that will help you out in other goals. As for the university lab, it is seriously endgame. I spent around 7000 echoes to get it into full gear, plus Fate (not necessary) and still no action is 100%. Do not bother with that until you have achieved other goals, as it might set you back significantly in terms of echoes. Plus, some of the people working for you will only be available once you have progressed several other storylines.

Paramount Presence can wait until they release the new route to it in May. You probably won’t make it the old way if you recently became a POSI.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 4/23/2020

Just make sure you play the Dilmun Club story to the content boundary first, as you don’t get Tribute otherwise.

If you’re referring to the Sanctuary of the Crimson Petals expedition, the Tomb of the Silken Thread is actually more profitable. Even that expedition is only the best echo grind if using deck refreshes to grind for Docks favours—otherwise infinite Arbor grinding is higher EPA, ignoring the lack of card draws.
edited by Optimatum on 4/23/2020