Early Speculation

Well, that’s pretty much this election wrapped up, which begs the question who do you think/would like to see next year?

I’d put echos on Ms. Plenty, and probably my vote behind her too.

Outside that, I doubt they’ll put forward either a Rubbery or a Devil, because the former would take it in a landslide and the latter would be crushed. If there were to be a devil though, I’d suspect the Pianist, as they have the whole defector angle to separate them from the embassy and provide interesting narrative.

Ideal candidate would be the Topsy King, but I doubt it. I’d love to read their campaign speeches though.
edited by Amsfield on 7/10/2017

Topsy would win hands-down. No contest. The only one who might beat him is a Rubbery.

Would make for the most interesting election yet, you ask me. Just needs a third candidate to round out this bizarre trio.

Third candidate can be Storm. Speaking through Slivvy.

Fourth candidate would be a Master.
edited by Tystefy on 7/10/2017

Certainly would be amusing. A master doing a terrible job at hiding the fact that this mysterious new candidate is actually a master. False mustaches may be involved.

That would be a dull election.

Not because I wouldn’t vote for her in a heartbeat, but because it’d be a landslide.

Trying to lower the pitch of their voice as much as possible. Trying to find obscuring clothes that aren’t damned cloaks. Trying to crouch down to human height without an obvious hunch.

Why would they even need to hide who they were? Maybe that’s their instinct.

It would be funny if everyone legit knew who they were but just didn’t say anything. The Masters would be amazed by their deceit!

And then there’s just that one Rubbery Man trying to point it out to everyone…
edited by Tystefy on 7/10/2017

with the size problem in mind, perhaps they rely on circular podiums and lowered floors to conceal this. Always being the last to leave. (when nobody is looking, of course.)

Perhaps the Bishop of Saint Fiacre? I’d love the concept of a repentant Snuffer in office. A more personal companion in the political ring, such as one of our acquaintances (the Regretful Soldier, the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer, the Repentant Forger, the Wry Functionary, and so on) would be a fan favorite as well. Perhaps even the return of the Last Constable, whether as herself or in disguise? She would be a fun option, if not a dangerous one for our criminal friends.

The third would either be a Snuffer (the Bishop), a Clay Man (maybe Soap?), or a rat with a tiny top hat (perhaps one of the relicker rats!). The vote would be split evenly three ways and they all serve as co-mayors for a term.

I think the Bishop would be an extraordinary mayor. He’s compassionate, yet pragmatic where it counts. He’s thoughtful and contemplative, but is never afraid to take action when necessary. He’s not involved with any radical ideology or group and hasn’t permanently killed anyone (though assassins do supposedly work on his behalf). Most of all, he seems genuinely concerned with the wellbeing of people in general, and of his people especially, without wanting to impose his own way of thinking on them. The biggest scandal he’s got is that he isn’t human, and the only reason he’s keeping it a secret is that he’s afraid of being murdered.[li]

Personally though, I’ve got to endorse Dr. Carrywell. She’s brilliant, charismatic, has lots of political experience (well… sort of), and is clearly an exceptional scientist and businesswoman. Plus, she’s got connections! She’s a mover and a shaker! Will she advance scientific progress? Will she reform the special constables? Will she destroy us all? Let’s find out together!

How about F.F. Gebrandt?

I think she’s too much like the Detective.

How so? She’s the most notable chemist in the Neath, but besides that do you know her position on any of the city’s social issues?

How so? She’s the most notable chemist in the Neath, but besides that do you know her position on any of the city’s social issues?[/quote]
She’s a logical older lady who delves the secrets of the Neath…

How so? She’s the most notable chemist in the Neath, but besides that do you know her position on any of the city’s social issues?[/quote]
She’s a logical older lady who delves the secrets of the Neath…[/quote]

I wouldn’t reduce her to just her gender and age. We have no idea about her politics and ambitions.

The whole point of the election candidates is picking someone who has been mentioned here and there in the background, and fleshing them out. I, for one, would love to know more about F.F. Gebrandt. Just think about the Investigations / Flash Lays you could do, sneaking into her laboratory to find out what she’s really putting into all those Tinctures of Vigor…

She’s a logical older lady who delves the secrets of the Neath…[/quote]

I wouldn’t reduce her to just her gender and age. [/quote]
I think I mentioned her characterization and occupation as well.

You didn’t mention her occupation at all (which is very distinct from the Detective’s anyway - one is a private investigator, and the other is a chemist).

As for characterization, you’ve only mentioned &quotdelves the secrets of the Neath&quot which is generic enough. For example, this side of the Detective hardly even came up during this election - you, for one, mostly emphasized her connection to the Constables (despite her being an outside professional consultant).

Were &quotsecrets of the Neath&quot even a factor this time?

You obviously don’t have to agree. I was just looking for side-characters who are mentioned here and there in the game and could use fleshing out a bit. Feel free to offer your own candidate(s).

edited by dov on 7/10/2017

I’d love to see our dear friend, the Ambitious Barrister, take a year of leave from the Iron Republic in order to attempt to become mayor. She is quite ambitious, after all, and every POSI player has seen her for at least a brief period of time.