Duplicate Cards In Hand

I did not think you could get duplicate cards in your hand at the same time. I just drew three cards into my 5-card hand which was previously populated with two cards. Of the three new cards, two of them were the same card: “Visions of the Vake” which is only drawable when your ambition is Bag a Legend and you are in steps 25-31 of this ambition. I show a screen shot of this below.

Quick visit to the Wiki shows that there are 3 variations of this card.

4 Likes

Well, darn. I thought I had discovered a bug. Oh well. Thanks for explaining the three subtly different cards, skinnyman.

A pair? I’ll raise you…

4 Likes

Well I don’t know, have you’ll ever drawn the same cards 5 times in a row? And the card was the manager’s card? And you failed the “ignore him” option all five times?

Honestly I think it’s pretty funny how much I draw him, like he’s pestering me about the HD honour.

bursts through a house’s wall

“HELLO BUDDY! I Know your busy with your railway and stuff BUT GET TO IT ALREADY GOD DAMN IT!”

Please pardon my ignorance but which is the “manager’s card”?

1 Like

“a merry gentlemen” and, in this instance, “is he here too? Even here?

That’s a Ubiquitous card. You’re going to keep drawing it over and over. If you don’t want to draw it, keep it in your hand.

1 Like

Oh, I know, it’s fine. I’m just amazed at the bad luck of drawing it the entire deck.

I wouldn’t even call it luck. It’s ubiquitous, and the deck isn’t that big. If it’s in your deck and not your hand, you can assume you’re about to draw it.

3 Likes

Oh! In my defense, this never happened to me before. Thank you two for informing me, it’s very appreciated/genuine

anidiot: I’m troubled by nightmares.
friend 1: Oh no!
friend 2: Oh no!
friend 3: Oh no!
Merry Gentleman: OH YEAH!!

8 Likes

Yeah, basically :joy: :sweat_smile:

(Rule)

Once I drew the same card thrice in a row, which I suspected was because I drew them all in quick succession (though not simultaneously). I suppose the Bazaar’s grace of fortune is still notoriously runny, even in the opportunity deck.

1 Like