Don't Click without Reading in this Game

That’s the one thing I dread–deleting my character (with years worth of history and items that aren’t available any more). Good to know FB is sympathetic about such things.

Thankfully nothing bad has happened to me this way, but more times than I can count have I nearly kicked the Amanuensis out on his oily little ear when I mean to wait for him to speak. I don’t know why, but I constantly catch myself about to do that. Maybe subconsciously that is what I really want to do.

My actual misclicks are rather trivial. I am forever clicking those options that give favours but let you click them even when at full favours. I am so used to the sort that won’t let you click them when you have seven I forget about the other sort. I must have missed about a billion favours from doing this. Well, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration. A million.

Why do we have those two types of card, anyway? The ones with a safeguard and the ones without?

The options without a safeguard invariable do something in addition to giving you a favor. In some cases, it’s something like a single scrap, which doesn’t seem worth it, but whatever.

Ooph I just accidentally threw the Amanuensis out on his oily ear…two days after reaching my final 15 Notability for Paramount Presence. It could have been so much more devastating.

Gathered 250 Tribute. Sailed to the Court of the Wakeful Eye to get access to another Minister (it requires 240 Tribute) Accidentally clicked on another option and lost 20 Tribute, now I have to sail all the way back to London and come back again.

Accidentally discarded a mood card I was saving, because the cards lagged and registered the click twice. -_-;
edited by Mythlore on 12/4/2017

Spent favours on stat boosts rather than reknown - facepalm level 5.

Chose wrong option on Box Affair multiple times when tired gaining turncoat points - facepalm level 7.

Now paranoid one more misclick will lock me out of the carousel for ever, FOR EVER! EVEERRRRRRRRRR… sounds of sobs in distance

The biggest advantage of spirifage is not the +0.09 EPA, it’s not having to risk turncoat.

[quote=turbosnowy]Spent favours on stat boosts rather than reknown - facepalm level 5.

Chose wrong option on Box Affair multiple times when tired gaining turncoat points - facepalm level 7.

Now paranoid one more misclick will lock me out of the carousel for ever, FOR EVER! EVEERRRRRRRRRR… sounds of sobs in distance[/quote]

You can’t get locked out of the AotB … if your Turncoat gets too high you need to spend resources to get it back to zero. It’s not cheap (but it’s not unreasonably expensive either) … and technically you can continue the carousel even with a too-high Turncoat, but it is not nearly as profitable.

Aha, that I did not know - many thanks for the information and may your socks forever be wholesome.

First time I died was due to a misclick at Ms. Plenty’s. It was a nice mix of panic and amusement.

I’ve accidentally gotten rid of my plant twice now. (I fare almost this badly with plants IRL.)

Oh God, that poor orphan. The one whose parents are still around? And where you can tell him where they are, but caution them? And NOT turn them into the constables for hanging?

Well… some day the now-actual-bona-fide-orphan is going to come for the guy who murdered his parents, and when the guy says “No really! I meant to click on a different option!” the orphan will lay me out.

That’s my worst misclick. The other one that comes to mind is not necessarily a misclick, but an “I don’t spoil many things, but I should have checked the wiki to see if there was any chance the missing heiress had gone off with the Clay Man voluntarily before I smashed her to bits.” I’m still annoyed at FL for not having a third option, “TALK TO THE HEIRESS HERSELF” or at least “ASK THE CLAY MAN QUESTIONS BEFORE MAKING A FINAL DECISION.” It’s not like the Clay Man’s not going to do anything to you!

Anyway, sorry, Orphan. Sorry, Clay Man and Abducted Heiress. Maybe someone has some crazy glue?

I have always appreciated the idea that sometimes you just don’t have the right information to make an informed decision, but have to make one anyway.

It’s the sort of storytelling that lends a certain realism to tales about…well, statues come to life and London underground.