Does the Restitution card still appear?

It occurs to me, that for a while now, I haven’t actually seen the restitution card pop up at all; it does still appear, right?

Nope. It, and the Contretremps card, got locked with Impossible at the same time as the rest of SMEN went on hiatus.

The new lodgings also nixed some, I think - ‘An Old Acquaintance’ for instance appears to have gone.

Well, dammit. Does this have anything to do with that Mr. Eaten Afterparty thread?

Basically, yes. If you haven’t read the blogpost about it, you probably should!
Although they might be back Soon. How soon? Somewhere between &quotvery&quot and &quotnot very&quot. Sorta soon.

Ehhh…that link’s broken for me

Weird! Try navigating to it from the main Failbetter games page. http://www.failbettergames.com/ -> blog -> scroll down a bit

Ah, I had honestly no clue that had happened, is what comes of being at best an inactive follower of the blog and forums in general I suppose.[li]

Ewan C., all the cards that now have names starting with “City vices” are unavailable in the new lodgings, but if you really want them (they are mostly cards that most players consider annoying) you could move back into the city. The Old Acquaintance, I believe, is one of these. I’m sure there’s a list in the wiki somewhere.

Loon - I realise; after drawing cards in the city for a week or so, all of the other Vices cards crop up a lot but Old Acquaintance appears to have gone.

[quote=Ewan C.]Loon - I realise; after drawing cards in the city for a week or so, all of the other Vices cards crop up a lot but Old Acquaintance appears to have gone.[/quote]Yeah, I haven’t drawn the Old Acquaintance since they changed those cards to City Vices. And this past day or two I haven’t seen the City Vices: Ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to help you card either, only a steady stream of City Vices: help the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer cards. Almost as if the latter is now drawn instead of the former, as well as being drawn when it’s supposed to. But one or two days is obviously not long enough to determine if a card is still around, so… has anyone managed to ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer for help in the last 24 hours?

Yes indeed, just saw it within the last few hours.

[li]

Just got it myself but haven’t seen An Old Acquaintance for some time.