Does anyone recall this line of dialog?

Recently I’ve had a memory of a line that went something to the extent of &quotYou may want to break the mirrors but remember if you do, you’ll be left with thousands of tiny deadly mirrors in it’s wake,&quot but I cannot for the life of me find that line again. If anyone could be so kind as to tell me where and the true line I would be in your debt.[li]

Is it one of the sidebars? Or at the Carnival? Or in one of the Nightmares areas? Or perhaps in the Labyrinth of the Tigers?

I do remember seeing something like that, but don’t remember where.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]Is it one of the sidebars? Or at the Carnival? Or in one of the Nightmares areas? Or perhaps in the Labyrinth of the Tigers?

I do remember seeing something like that, but don’t remember where.[/quote]

I thought it was a sidebar but after searching through all of them on the wiki it simply wasn’t there. Thanks for the advise on the Labyrenth of Tigers however. I completely forgot that it was a possibility.

We regret that there are so many mirrors in London. Truly. But break a mirror, and you have a hundred tiny deadly mirrors! What to do?

Although Theodore has successfully answered this question, it might interesting to know that, if I recall correctly, Mr. Mirrors has something tangentially similar on his Twitter page. I would directly quote it, but I seem to be having trouble finding it (or any of the other Master’s pages, at that), and I find myself more inclined to sleep at this hour rather than digging through Twitter.

It was something along the lines of “Be careful what you say. A knife has two edges. A shard of glass, thousands. A wit has many more.”

Now the question is to figure out how many edges cups have.

I’ve actually got a pretty good compilation of quotes from the Masters’ twitter accounts. I plumbed the depths of twitter to find some of them. That quote from Mr Mirrors ended up there: “You are a wit, delicious friend. Beware wit. A knife has two edges. Shattered glass a thousand. Wit has many more.”

It certainly adds a sinister connotation to Mr Cups and Mr Mirrors being the purveyors of ‘the frangible and the fine.’ In this context being frangible makes an object more dangerous, not less. As anyone who’s broken a glass and stepped on one if its near-invisible pieces should know.[li]

(And given their dual identities, perhaps Cups and Mirrors themselves could be seen as fragmented halves of a whole?)

Mr Mirrors deals in a lot more than just the frangible and the fine, according to its twitter. I have a couple bits of info in these posts on my tumblr (blanket spoiler warnings for content involving the Masters). Part 2 touches on Mr Mirrors a bit more. Most quotes come from game content or their twitter accounts. @Mr_Names is your one-stop source for the official EBZ twitters.
edited by ZackOak on 5/23/2014