Do Fallen London Characters Ever Get "The Morbs"?

From the Dictionary of Victorian Slang, 1909:

As an actual topic of discussion, I’d really love some period slang to be used in the game. What do you the rest of you think?

My character very often has the morbs. And if you enjoy period slang, you may enjoy this!

I think Laz rather consistently has the morbs. Also that is one of my favorite phrases and really needs to be brought back.

This is a rather extensive list of lists of period slang. I have a bit of a thing for words. (Also the whole site is great for references for the whole period.)
edited by Lazarae on 7/14/2014

Thanks for the link! There were some choice expressions there. It’s a great reminder that the Victorians weren’t always as proper as they lliked everyone to think.

[li]

Probably; Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing and is almost certainly a major problem in the Neath.

And that’s just SAD.

No need to be so nelancholy, as the BBC has been kind enough to list some improbable sporting matches from Victorian England!

Some of them can easily be translated into the Neath, although some more be less wise than others.

Pigeon versus honeybee racing: Well, we will likely need to substitute a bat for the pigeon, but otherwise it’s feasible. Staging such a race might end up costing you Connected To: Hell and/or The Masters, depending on the outcome.

Dog versus man in a swimming race down the Thames: Marsh Wolf and Drownie race? I could see this being a wagering event amongst some of the more callous at Wolfstacks and Bugby’s Marsh. Can’t say I fancy the Wolf’s chances, though.

A game of cricket between the residents and staff at an asylum? That would certainly be a spectacle, even for the jaded eyes of Fallen Londoners. One can only imagine what unorthodox techniques would be brought into play, especially if some of the infernal techniques commented on in games over at the University are not uncommon throughout the Neath.

I don’t want to spoil all of them, but I will not that the poor gentleman killed by a sack race would have a far better chance of competing again down here than he had Above!

A mod deleted their post, but you have helpfully added another link to their website in your own post, so their purpose is still accomplished.

In the future it would be better if you just reported spam to the moderators rather than re-posting the spammer’s message, with a snarky addendum. Bots do not care about snark, they care about links.

I do think this bot has unearthed a particularly delightful thread from the archives, though! :D

[quote=PJ]A mod deleted their post, but you have helpfully added another link to their website in your own post, so their purpose is still accomplished.

In the future it would be better if you just reported spam to the moderators rather than re-posting the spammer’s message, with a snarky addendum. Bots do not care about snark, they care about links.[/quote]

Oh dear. I failed to recognise a bot. How bad am I. And then I made a remark I thought was helpful, but no, it was snarky. Oh dear, oh dear.
How deep would you like my obeisance to be, sir. Is this enough?

OK, let’s not get upset. Jermaine misunderstood the bot’s intentions; PJ misunderstood Jermaine’s intentions; everything’s been cleared up now. We can let it rest there.