Discarding all cards

I just found my first Eyeless Skull (yay :)), but I know it can bring some pretty bad cards. With the recent change to cards persisting through special places, are there still locations where I discard my hand on entering and it doesn’t come back?
I would rather hang on to the skull

until I have enough to trade them in in preparation for my eventual search for the Cave of the Nadir,

but not at the risk of flooding my hand with horrible cards for an uncertain time.
edited by Thorbimorbi on 9/7/2015

Unfortunately there is no way to flush your hand anymore. You’re stuck with the cards until you either ditch the skull or play them.

Thanks for the quick answer!
Also, that’s a really nasty design decision.

The Eyeless Skull is a nasty piece of business, not to be taken lightly.

One thing that I didn’t realise until embarking on the expedition to the Nadir is that you lose the eyeless skull and those nasty cards at the beginning and you can go away to do other things before coming back to the expedition when you are ready.

I don’t have an answer if you intend to collect more eyeless skulls though. I personally found it easier to buy whatever is needed at the end either using Echoes or Fate.

[quote=navchaa]One thing that I didn’t realise until embarking on the expedition to the Nadir is that you lose the eyeless skull and those nasty cards at the beginning and you can go away to do other things before coming back to the expedition when you are ready.

I don’t have an answer if you intend to collect more eyeless skulls though. I personally found it easier to buy whatever is needed at the end either using Echoes or Fate.[/quote]

Bear in mind that if you start the expedition you cannot get more supplies, so make sure you are well stocked. Also you can’t go Seeking Curios so you won’t be able to get anymore skulls if you are trying to get 5 for the cinder.

But if you have everything you need except having your watchful high enough it might be worth starting the expedition and wait until you get more gear; increase your watchful or get a mood card.

[quote=Thorbimorbi]I just found my first Eyeless Skull (yay :)), but I know it can bring some pretty bad cards. With the recent change to cards persisting through special places, are there still locations where I discard my hand on entering and it doesn’t come back?
I would rather hang on to the skull

until I have enough to trade them in in preparation for my eventual search for the Cave of the Nadir,

but not at the risk of flooding my hand with horrible cards for an uncertain time.
edited by Thorbimorbi on 9/7/2015[/quote]

How high are your stats? If you can get them below 50 with a rat and other gear you will lose the cards. That is the only way I know now.

[quote=lady ciel ]
How high are your stats? If you can get them below 50 with a rat and other gear you will lose the cards. That is the only way I know now.[/quote]

Unless there was a way to cover myself in L.B.s, that won’t work anymore :)
Seems like I will have to make do without opportunity cards for some time.

This is the change that gets to me the most often.
It’s not enough that I won’t play, but it makes me … unsettled.