Directory: Newspaper Inviewers and Interviewees

My paper’s called The London Herald, just so.
I’m pursuing my Heart’s Desire. But who isn’t?
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moriarty~Stinson

I suppose I am a rare sort; I am Bagging a Legend. (Character name: Dave Campbell)

My new paper is “Newly New News”, and my ambition is Light Fingers (for now). Character name is Zeviz.
edited by Zeviz on 12/18/2012

an_ocelot (@an_ocelot), Nemesis.

I’m back after a bit of a break, and find myself in need of folks to interview. Which ought to be fair enough, considering how many I’ve been giving recently.

It’s T WO Chandler, I run the Book and Seven Candles newspaper. I remain open to those wishing to interview about my quest for revenge.
edited by T.W.O. Chandler on 1/22/2013

I would be delighted to submit to an interview! The infamous Marvelous is only a rumor of course, but I have collected quite a bit of information regarding the legend of that singular card game which can supposedly grant you your Heart’s Desire.

Mio is not the type to readily discuss the quest for revenge that brought her to the Neath, but I shall force her to grant interviews nonetheless.

You can contact her though my StoryNexus account, _dchan (twitter handle: @_dchan).

ETA: Mio has also recently acquired ownership of a newspaper, the Fifth City Times.
edited by protonsinthedark on 1/25/2013

Feel free to ask my alternate character, Catherine Raymond, for interviews. Her ambition is Light Fingers.

Slight tangent: Is there any advantage in publishing a newspaper more than once? Do higher levels of Defender of Truth, Prophet of the Gutter, or Cardinal of Conspiracy unlock other stories or opportunities?

It’s certainly not a lucrative venture, and I’m not eager to repeat the process without some kind of incentive. Is there one?

[quote=Blast_Fantastic]Slight tangent: Is there any advantage in publishing a newspaper more than once? Do higher levels of Defender of Truth, Prophet of the Gutter, or Cardinal of Conspiracy unlock other stories or opportunities?

It’s certainly not a lucrative venture, and I’m not eager to repeat the process without some kind of incentive. Is there one?[/quote]
Not that I know of. But to my mind given the Shadowy requirements newspaper is meant to be end game content, and ideal end game content to an old school RPG fan is A) Grind intensive B) Skill-reliant enough to be notable C) Unique/Singularly spectacular. To my mind becoming established as the Only Source of Truth in London is a worthy goal! How many can claim such vision?! Few, among thousands. Yes, the fight for truth and fire is a capital investment in burning tiny holes in the endless night which grips the Neath! A fault in the rule of the unjust and lackadaisical! And a chance to knocked that seven times d—ed Mr.Huffam off his corrupt, smug a**e!
edited by friendshipranger on 1/23/2013

There are only two individuals, to my knowledge, whose Newspaper is The Only Source of Truth, An Unmatched Circulation and How High Does This Go. A long, hard grind indeed.

There are only two individuals, to my knowledge, whose Newspaper is The Only Source of Truth, An Unmatched Circulation and How High Does This Go. A long, hard grind indeed.[/quote]
I know I guy named Dave did it first. Who was next?

Also, I’m fairly certain many must have hit “The Only Source of Truth” by now, but I am curious as to a more accurate ballpark. A quick Google survey only marks one mantelpiece. Taking three confirmed, I’m guessing maybe a dozen or eighteen, maybe. For moral reasons I think Moriarty wouldn’t become a tabloid magnate, so I can’t go for the ultimate grind, but still.
edited by friendshipranger on 1/31/2013

[quote=Blast_Fantastic]Slight tangent: Is there any advantage in publishing a newspaper more than once? Do higher levels of Defender of Truth, Prophet of the Gutter, or Cardinal of Conspiracy unlock other stories or opportunities?

It’s certainly not a lucrative venture, and I’m not eager to repeat the process without some kind of incentive. Is there one?[/quote]

Actually, it’s not bad as far as money makers go (Although it does pale in comparison to fidgeting writer, but so do most things…). You can blaze through it without cards, but without raising the unique quality, and earn ~127 pence per action (Including the turns to get the whirring contraption). If you do use cards to get the extra copy for the unique qualities, you can either decide to use more cards but do the theatrical accounting option to get 116-125 pence per action, or go for less cards but without using the theatrical accounting option, earning 117-122 pence per action. The discrepancy is based on how many of these are interview cards (more common, raise all forms of copy a little) or the cards unique to a type of copy (raises a single copy, but by more. Gotta be REALLY lucky to hit 104 copy using only those and no interviews for the max profit per run).

Generally when just farming, I go the newspaper route myself. Typically I go with two interviews and one copy-specific card, earning 6000 pence over 50 turns, for 120 pence per action. FYI, I farm up my whirring contraptions as I wait for cards.

That would be me.

That would be me.[/quote]
Ah. Well done, good sir!

Add my name to those who are willing to be accosted by random strangers for possible slander. ;)

I’m seeking to Bag a Legend.

I am more than happy to tell the tale of my nemesis to any newspapers in need of a good story.

I am a newspaper owner, and available for interviews about my Nemesis.

I am also available for Bag a Legend interviews.

LF and happy to be interviewed.