Diamonds, sapphires, rubies...

I have yet to find a single emerald anywhere in the &quotNeath. I wonder if the Masters hoard them for some nefarious purpose?

– Mal

[li]That’s… actually rather astute. Has anyone seen mention of beryls (the alternative name meaning &quotemerald&quot from antiquity)?

If remember right, emeralds we’re used as a cure and as amulets in ancient Egypt in hope of attaining eternal youth, and also to ward off evil spirits from the dead.

(Similarly - the use of gold which I have yet to see here, other than in the rosty-variety)

Edit: [gold was believed to be the skin of gods, most especially of Ra. - Also similar beliefs in some Pre-Columbian civilisations incidentally]

Perhaps the Masters simply don’t like the competition? That second city was a real headache ;)

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/15/2016

The devils have the stones, they’re using them for interior design… Mr. Stones is going to raise hell if it ever finds this business out. There’s also a gold gilded weapon. Otherwise, yeah there’s no other golden artifacts of note.

@Charlotte_de_Witte - Nice angle on the 2nd city. The fact that the gold gilded weapon has certain connections with the second city gives some weight on your theory.
edited by Pyrodinium on 1/15/2016

[quote=Charlotte_de_Witte]If remember right, emeralds we’re used as a cure and as amulets in ancient Egypt in hope of attaining eternal youth, and also to ward off evil spirits from the dead.

(Similarly - the use of gold which I have yet to see here, other than in the rosty-variety)

Perhaps the Masters simply don’t like the competition? That second city was a real headache ;)

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 1/15/2016[/quote]

Perhaps that is the reason, then – the Masters despise any reminder of the Second City, and emeralds could be argued as such a reminder. I’m not positive, but it is interesting to note.

[li]

Thank-you! I had not seen that! It’s even a golden Ankh! :D

And especially so, considering who those Nuns are hunting!

[quote=South-Sea Rutherby]

Perhaps that is the reason, then – the Masters despise any reminder of the Second City, and emeralds could be argued as such a reminder. I’m not positive, but it is interesting to note.

[li][/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li]
The plot thickens.

Egypt apparently was one of main sources of emeralds (although probably not until Ptolemaic times) - until better quality ones were discovered in South America…

We should find out where they’re hiding them and take them back. My character would appreciate more variety in the candy shop. Not that the blue raspberry and cherry/burning flavors aren’t delicious, but lime would be a nice addition.

He’s still trying to figure out what flavor the clear candy is.

I think they taste of carats, in fact I’m pretty adamant ;)

[quote=Kukapetal]We should find out where they’re hiding them and take them back. My character would appreciate more variety in the candy shop. Not that the blue raspberry and cherry/burning flavors aren’t delicious, but lime would be a nice addition.

He’s still trying to figure out what flavor the clear candy is.[/quote]