Dealings on the Isle of Cats

So, I recently visited the Isle of Cats and was asked to carry an item to a certain Merchant Venturer…

…but the Merchant Venturer is, ahem, no longer available after certain events.

Is this storyline therefore blocked permanently? I tried to seek a different patron to get around the problem, but it was denied me.

Well, it’s blocked on that captain unfortunately.

Yeah this happened to me too. You’re kind of going to have to face some music (through no fault of your own, and it’d be nice if there was some way to talk your way out of the penalty you recieve due to that lack of fault, honestly).

Isle of Cats is still do-able, you’ll just have to seek the other patron.

Unless the other target is also unavailable. :P

True. There IS a low chance case that the player has gotten rid of BOTH of the London based characters that the Patrons want you to deal with.

It’d be nice if there was some kind of different outcome in that case (a hidden Patron? A different story avenue?), even though it’s a highly unlikely situation.

It has its advantages. You’re less tempted to trade in Red Honey, for one. That stuff is vile.

But the memories linger so sweetly on my tongue…

Yeah, I know in the past there were options for the Venturer’s executor or something, but when I tried this week there was nothing? It would be good if they could put that back into the game, along with someone for the Scholar.[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 3/2/2015

[quote=MisterGone]Yeah this happened to me too. You’re kind of going to have to face some music (through no fault of your own, and it’d be nice if there was some way to talk your way out of the penalty you recieve due to that lack of fault, honestly).

Isle of Cats is still do-able, you’ll just have to seek the other patron.[/quote]

Agreed. This may have been an oversight, or there may be something in the works… either way, it doesn’t make sense for them to ask you to deliver something to a person who’s no longer there. Perhaps a new storylet option can address this?

[li]

Actually, now you can still deliver even if the Merchant Venturer is not available anymore. He made arrangements with an executor to do his biddings in his absence, so the Isle of Cats is never blocked.

Oh wow this was from 2015, no wonder. I was getting confused since I clearly remembered that there was a replacement for the Venturer.